Spirit of Place

BodhiSeed

Is that a beater under the fox tail? Someday when you have time I'd love to see closer up.
I was thinking it was a gourd rattle.

If you ever get around to doing that labyrinth, please do post some pictures!

I just got back from our local wildlife park where they are having a Native American festival, with loads of dancers and music plus lots of crafts. I went by myself, so I could wander around as I wanted, and got to talk to many interesting folks and learned a few things in the process. A very good day.:D

Mi-Shell

Is that a beater under the fox tail? Someday when you have time I'd love to see closer up.

Hope your headache is gone and good score on the meditations decks. I had the Tolle one, it cost a fortune or so it seemed at the time. Great box though, the lid is designed to hold the current card.

That is a larger gourd rattle which I use for healing work. It is the north rattle
Red Fox is East with Deer hoof rattle, Eagle feather , the Otter fur for change towards south, south Bear drum and Lizard rattle Mink, Go-between between the Land and Water Spirits, wolf tail. wolf is South - endurance, survival skills and family values, Raccoon for joy and playful inquisitiveness, Beaded Butterfly for transformation and the stages of the life cycle then towards West, Black Bear and Grizzly Bear fur + power of healing with herbs, strength, goodness and self knowledge, Bear clans West rattle is Buffalo horn Buffalo skull altar with Sage to feed his Spirit, Owl talons for transition, the wisdom of Owl..... as to what is wrong with a sick patient and guiding me in shamanic theta trance to bring back the vision of how to heal.
North is Mushkiki = herbal Medicines, Lynx fur for north, Polar Bear fur, White Fox fur, white buffalo, White Owl, and White Rabbit for Nanabush/ Mananbosho, the Anishenabe culture hero and trickster that also guarantees the survival of the hungry people in early spring by turning into a Snowshoe Hare and giving his life to the people....
there is a center with a petroglyph Turtle design from the Anishenabe upon which small fetish carvings are standing, the smudging shell and lots of other things.......

The other pic is a simple wheel set up for grade 3 for "What you can see on the Pow Wow"

I wish I had a picture of our Celtic teaching Circle....

Attachments

• St dom setup.jpg
    St dom setup.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 71
  • what you can see on a Pow Wow.jpg
    what you can see on a Pow Wow.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Grade5 teachings.jpg
    Grade5 teachings.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 64

Mi-Shell

If you check out the last 2 links, you sort of get an idea about one of my routines
This week the book says, we should visualize either what Lauren suggested or - something we come up with ourselves....
Well, I do not realllly know if this was a visualization of What it was.... other than crazzzzy and fun:
.............................................................................................................................
A a meditation/visualization that got away on me:
Outside on the deck
in on of our green deck chairs,
The West Wind is howling around the house, but here I only get the occasional gusts.
I have to prepare to get to school, load the drums .
Just another 10 minutes, then...
I lean back, close my eyes
The Wind!
I am the Wind........
I see myself sitting in my mortar, using the pestle like an oar.
All the drums, the BIG Pow Wow drum, the djembes, mardals, frame drums, gourd drums, rattles and rain sticks are tied to the back of the mortar with a red leather rope, trailing effortless behind as I zoom an elegant loop over our property and then turn fully into the wind and race waaay above the road towards town. Lakes and rivers , bush and swamps, seconds later houses and farms are about 150 meters below me. It looks pretty. The drums rattle and bounce...
I am over the school now. I stop in front of the door. Hover, until the lowest drum is just an inch above ground. Hold the pestle VERY still. Then just a little lower, then the next drum down , then the next then a little to the right, the basket with rattles returns to Earth. While I am “landing” my stuff the door opens and the teacher comes out, looks and almost faints. She focuses her attention on Matthew from the BB Examiner, who is standing 10 meters away, camera poised and clicking like crazzzzy. (He saw my flying up Main Sreet..)
I have to park the Pow Wow drum and the last djembe and then park the Mortar in the handicaps parking spot in front of the school, realizing, that that is not nice and I may get a ticket.
(Will they ticket a mortar? I have no license to fly one and it has no license plate either. It just says”Mi-Shell BabaYaga” in black lettering burnt into the grainy wood with a wood burning tool. )
Matthew wants to ask me questions about how.....??!!??
I explain, that the gas prices are gone up soooo high it is too expensive to take the car and I only get a very small “gratification” for coming in today – not enough to really make it worth my while and pay the gas money....
It is not, what Mathew wanted to talk about, but it will have to do. For his benefit I get into the mortar and park it 1 parking space further over. The kids are coming out of the door and pick up the drums to carry them inside. For them seeing me in the mortar is nothing too crazzzy they are still small. 4 and 5 years old.... Soon that will change and their minds will close up.
Time to get started.
I am the wind – and I am here.

Attachments

• BabaYaga~HagFlyingMortar~990222_1.jpg
    BabaYaga~HagFlyingMortar~990222_1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 66

AJ

Well done you! You've have years of experience on us, my mortar would have set on the deck and just spun me in circles till I urped up :)
Thank you for sharing!

Mi-Shell

Well done you! You've have years of experience on us, my mortar would have set on the deck and just spun me in circles till I urped up :)
Thank you for sharing!
Oh, Thanx!
I also wrote about meditation exercises i do, but i think, I did not post them here so:

Meditation is one of my spiritual practices.

Just “sit” quietly.

Quiet the mind.

Shut down the thinking.

Just for a little while.

It feels soooooo gooood.

Then there is another form- kind of meditation I like – and often do:

I just call it “I am”

I sit outside on the upper deck, close my eyes.

It is never completely quiet.

There are all the sounds of Nature, especially in spring.

Whatever I hear, I am.

I am the Wind: I feel the wind fully and envision me being part of it, being it.

Until something else grabs my mind, forever hungry for distraction.

Ian Chickadee.

I am Blue Jay.

I am Canada Goose splashing in the water below the house.

I am Mäuse, sitting on my knee.

Mäuse, our Squirrel is annoying that way.

I an the Sun warming my body.

That one is one of my favorites.

I am the telephone !?

That one is the worst

Hopefully Peter gets it –

- or I am answering the call – maybe….

I usually “know” who is on the other line

....and voice mail is my ally.

Mi-Shell

So here I sit, in the afternoon sun, the MaryEl deck in its beautiful red and black box on a small table close to me, my tea cup, now empty.

Time for some I ammeditations:

…..deeeeeep breath….

I am the Sun.

I an the Wind.

I am Spring Peeper.

I am I am “Chippe”, the Chipmunk.

(I am her for a looooong time.)

I am Redwinged Blackbird.

Calling

rhythmically.

I know, that, when he calls, he spreads one of his wings to display his red and yellow wing bars, trying to attract a mate….

I know he does that about 5 times a minute in regular intervals.

Great to adjust my breathing to his calls:

he calls- I breath in….

….and out slowly

he calls – I breath

This goes on for a few minutes.

I sense, he changed locations, from the large Birck over to the Maple right next to the house

he calls – I breath

He is even closer now! On the railing of the deck?

He calls – I breath

WHAT???????

I slowly open my eyes

YES!!!!

He is RIGHT next to me, sitting on the rim of my tea mug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He calls, displaying his right wing – to the red and black box below him. His “rival” which even has small yellow dots in the center ….

He calls – I do no dare to breath!!!

but I HAVE to

!!! meditation STRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He calls again spreading his wing –I breath, my chest moves.

BRRRRRrrrrrrrr …….

……he is gone…..

I breath……!

Attachments

• Red-winged-Backbird.jpg
    Red-winged-Backbird.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Checking out the new deck.jpg
    Checking out the new deck.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 62

Milfoil

Ok, I have been working through the visualisations in the book and wanted to quickly catch up before we move on to the 3rd set. Some of them I found interesting and they had odd results which were unexpected. The visualisation about looking at a part of the body which is perhaps in pain or under stress. My shoulder and across my upper neck has been painful for weeks now. Nothing I did helped and I had been 'looking'! The trouble is I had been looking in a rather narrow way, trying to see the muscles and structure. This time I just relaxed and let it happen. What I saw was a massive Snowy Owl sitting there gripping my shoulder tightly. Every time I moved my head to the right, the flesh pulled and hurt. I have been spending WAY too much time and effort looking right (mundane world) and ignoring the left. This is very true of late.

One visualisation that didn't work at all was the dancing corn maidens. I have no idea what they look like or who they are, why they would be pertinent to me etc since we don't have them here in the UK. That one I skipped.

One more interesting thing was the visualising light throughout the body. While doing this, when it came to my hip (which has long been a painful area) it was duller and darker.

AJ

Week 5, visualization part 3

Milfoil, Have you ever looked at the touch points for fibromylgia?
http://www.webmd.com/fibromyalgia/guide/fibromyalgia-tender-points-trigger-points?page=2

It is a madhouse here this morning, there is no quiet place. Later!
I've seen many posts here saying something to the effect "I didn't know if I was just making it up". Cruden makes a good point I've not thought about before, the difference between visualization and trance. I look forward to trying the examples offered this week.

Our last beehive has suffered hive collapse so today we are extracting honey.
The worlds bee population is in a terrible state, which equals We are in a terrible state...

Mi-Shell

Milfoil, Have you ever looked at the touch points for fibromylgia?
http://www.webmd.com/fibromyalgia/guide/fibromyalgia-tender-points-trigger-points?page=2

It is a madhouse here this morning, there is no quiet place. Later!
I've seen many posts here saying something to the effect "I didn't know if I was just making it up". Cruden makes a good point I've not thought about before, the difference between visualization and trance. I look forward to trying the examples offered this week.

Our last beehive has suffered hive collapse so today we are extracting honey.
The worlds bee population is in a terrible state, which equals We are in a terrible state...
Sorry to hear about your Bees, AJ :(
A few years I had a powerful vision where I was told that we should put a Meloe into the Bee hive because its "exudate" is, what kills the "bugs/ fungus??" that kills the Bees.
I write the whole thing down here and it has its own thread.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=124990&highlight=Meloe

Milfoil

Oh dear AJ, the loss of a colony must be so disheartening and depressing. It is early in the season though, how did they come through the winter? Were they healthy and doing ok last month?

Here in the UK the consensus of opinion is that the nicotinides in some pesticides are to blame but I don't know. Nobody is spraying for insects at this time of year are they?

I will look into the link you gave. :)

Edit - No, it's not fibromyalgia but interesting to learn about it. Thanks.