Spread for 2 choices?

katep

Can anyone recommend a spread to look at what would happen if I chose one of two options (try to make it work with an ex or move on)? I use the Gilded Tarot and don't use reversals if that helps/matters?

Thanks

Linuzza

Can anyone recommend a spread to look at what would happen if I chose one of two options (try to make it work with an ex or move on)? I use the Gilded Tarot and don't use reversals if that helps/matters?

Thanks
Hi katep,
I've used this spread by Cecilia Tan with great results. It's really put forth some powerful personal readings.

http://blog.ceciliatan.com/tarot

Scroll down the page to find the "storyteller" tarot spread

Linuzza

katep

Thank you, that looks really interesting! I shall report back later.

IndigoViolet

I could think of the possibilities which you can pick one card for each, if it is for something simple,

Here are the four options:
Choose A
Choose B
Choose both
Choose neither

And choose whatever choice you are up to, and extend it with spreads like Storyteller etc. For others that you have already got one card out and got an outline, you don't always need additional cards.

Farzon

For choices I like a spread by author Hajo Banzhaf.

Looking like:

Card one represents your current situation. Cards 2, 4, 6 are what option A will lead to, 3, 5, 7 what option B leads to. You can read these cards like chronological timelines expanding from a crossing.

I also like to draw an additional card which I call "one additional piece of advice"

Hemera

tarot4.jpg

Hemera

There is a long list of spreads for "Crossroads and Decision Making" in page 5 of our Tarot Spreads Index. You can also find some spreads that might be useful for partnership questions.

liberated inferno

I'm confused by card number 8 and how does that fit. An option for what? I read her blog entry and she does't really go into detail on how that position fits. Should I view it as another outcome? Another 1 card path? An overall energy of the reading?

rwcarter

I'm confused by card number 8 and how does that fit. An option for what? I read her blog entry and she does't really go into detail on how that position fits. Should I view it as another outcome? Another 1 card path? An overall energy of the reading?
If you don't understand what the position means and haven't laid down cards yet, decide for yourself what you want the position to mean and make it that when you use the spread.

Rodney

CrystalSeas

When I do a choice spread, I almost always include a final option "The option I haven't thought of"

She seems to use the 8th card for that
Then right in the middle I put (8)–the Third Option, because it is part of my worldview also that if you split everything into two opposites you’ll miss a lot of the richness and opportunity of life. Not everything divides neatly into man/woman, black/white, good/evil, etc… and sometimes a solution eludes us exactly because we forget there may be a completely different dimension to take or alternative choice.