Spreads for all

Kara

Hi all! I'm posting here some spreads I love, for everyone. They most likely work with all systems, that's why I made a separate thread for them.

The books I have about the cards are not all in english, and I have no idea if there are english translations, but somehow I'm pretty sure there are. It should be easy to find out. Three of my books on Lenormand cards (maybe someone could start a thread on that, book recommendations):

*la diviniation par les cartes du Petit Lenormand by Erna Droesbeke

*Wahrsagen mit Karten der Madame Lenormand by Bernd A. Metz

*Die Lenormand-Karten by Anne L. Biwer
I have more, but these three I can really recommend - dug them out after a loooong time again, after coming on here, and it was like reading them for the first time again..

For starters, my favourites:

The Question Game:

Choose a card that represents your question. Put it back into your deck and shuffle. Either make a deck again and pull off the cards one by one, or if the question is too emotionally charged, fan out and choose quickly.
While shuffling hold the question in your mind. The first card is your first step, build a question(in relation to the larger question) on the answer you receive from it. The next card answers that question, and is the basis for your next question. Keep going until you get the card that represents your larger question. If you pull that card first, it means you have all the answers you need, do not look further. If you pull the ring first, you are going in circles or repeating yourself needlessly...

Five for the Future:

Choose a card representing the problem. Hold the problem in your mind. Fan out the cards and choose another 10 cards, and in the order chosen, lay them out in the pattern - face down. The first five represent the situation, the last five answer questions relating to the problem. Not all of the last five need to be uncovered, if your question has been answered (whose ever is, lol...) by just one card, you can leave the rest of them uncovered.

....................................... 6 .............1=good in the present
........................................................2= bad in the present
..........................1.....3......7...............3= wish for the future
.....Problem........................................4=possibility for the future
.......card....................4.......8...............5=reality in the future
......................................................6-10=answers to related questions.

Every Fourth Card:

Choose a problem card and set aside or choose none, then draw one more later, has to be 9 cards in total. You need this for the middle of your spread. Shuffle cards and draw three face-down, the fourth is set in layout position. Keep going until you have all you need.

5.....prob.......6
.......card

1=problem
2=where it all started
3=what it seems like in your memory
4=the real past
5=present situation
6=present wish
7=near future
8=wish for the future
9=far future(outcome)

Read horizontally, vertically, diagonally, this one is a ***** for me, especially because it shows how your memory can trick you.

Method of Thirteen:

10......1.........sig./9......3....12

1=yesterday
2=hopes of today
3=future trend
4=tools to use
5=bridge between past and present, further tools
6=bridge between yesterday and today, karma of the past headed your way
7=Karma already at work in your future
8=chances you can use for your future
9=outcome
10= root of the issue
11=more about the card beneath, explanation
12=possibilities you have and should use to create your future
13=the roots of the card above it, in pos.4

Many probably already know these, maybe some don't, or have different meanings for the positions. I've tried these with lenormand, playing cards and with Tarot(can achieve spectacular results here)... so for those that don't know these already, have fun!

xoxo

tarotlova

These sound great Kara, I have really enjoyed reading your post's, I'm going to print this out and add it to my ever growing spread folder,what I've done is print out spreads that I like here at AT, and else where and put them in a plastic pocket display folder, and when I do a reading I write it down and put the paper in with the spread that I used so that I can look back on it later and see how effective it was in a reading.

Kara

Thanks tl! please let us know too, how you rate them, and any changes you would add or have added.

tarotlova

Finely!

Well with all this information that I have been flat out printing, Titania/Lenormand combinations, meanings & spreads. I have finely been able to try some out! First I tried the Every 4th card spread, it was spot on, the only meaning I changed was 3, I used what it is like in your memory as opposed to what it seems like in your memory as I got the Tree I feel I have only got stronger in relation to my question. Then I tried 5 for the Future, again excellent. Then I did Method of 13, That was fantastic, for all you Titania/Lenormand readers who haven't tried Kara's spreads DO IT! As well as regular Tarot readers! I was very happy with position 7 Karma already at work in my future- The Heart! all these spreads were very positive I use Titanias version although I am trying hard to get the Urania Blue Owl now, the one thing that I was sick of was using the same 3 spreads that Titania has in her booklet, and these spreads gave a much welcome diversion, not only were they more positive but I found much more informative than even the 36 card spread. So some times less is better! (In cards I mean)

No I don't usualy ask questions either but I thought I would give it a try and it worked out well for a change!

Kara

Cool! I should add, that when I read for myself (thinking about a different thread I recently posted in), I don't usually have a question in mind beforehand any more. But for others, if they are asking something specific, I do. They work great even without questions... And in the how-to, I stayed as close to the books as possible, without copying, of course.

xoxo
Kara

WolfSpirit

The Method of Thirteen looks like a great spread.
Thanks for passing it on to us, Kara