Spring Equinox 2012

greatdane

I'm so loving your posts, THANKS!

I just so enjoy reading what everyone is doing and what their Spring Equinox is like. To read about the flowers people see around them, the weather, everything, it's lovely sharing experiences.

My spring equinox is starting off with a wonderful cloudy gloomy day (I lived in Arizona and California before so this is still a novelty lol). I'm doing a load of laundry and then will start cleaning and purging things. It's been raining off and on, but I plan on going out and cutting a few branches with new buds or flowers on them and putting them in my special cobalt vase a dear friend gave me for my bd.

Later, I will burn some incense and do a brief ritual. On my mantle, which currently served as my altar, I have a picture of my great grandfather (who was carpatho-rusyn and lived at the base of the Carpathians), along with one of Miss Pamela Coleman and a great old picture I found in an antique store that just called out to me of a man from probably around 1912. My mantle also includes a buddha, a buddha head and two malas, a hag stone, a bunch of glass pebbles that keep showing up in the same place which I say are from the house elves, and other things I've picked up from outside.

May you all have a MOST WONDROUS Spring Equinox and a wonderful season!

GD

tarotbear

I have spent the first day of Spring as sick as a dog. What does this portend?

Disa

it portends that things will only get better from this day forward :)

Disa

Penthasillia, what a beautiful post!

:) lol! never heard this one before--but will be watching my brooms! :D

It's true! But they do require a little help- you have to take it out of the closet and stand it up on the floor ;)

celticnoodle

ah darn! well, I'll have to try that before I head off to bed in a few hours. I'll let you know if it works. :p

BlueDragonfly

My first day of Spring was spent working a total of 13 1/2 hours, but there's always today!

I did a little ritual Monday evening and I have a "to do list" of spring activities, the weather looks like it'll cooperate for the most part.....extremely higher than normal temps here for March, and I'm lovin' it!

Squeezing the mundane in with the spiritual today as I sit by the open window, finishing breakfast and listening to the birds at the feeders and beyond. :)

I'm going to dare spring weather to stay, planting a few things out in the garden along with starting seeds in pots. :D