States of Mind

Persha

I was just wondering how people go about getting into the proper frame of mind for a reading; or more to the point, what they find is the proper frame of mind. Is it drawing up earth magic or opening the inner eye or just doing nothing and letting the cards do the talking; or something different?
thanks,
Persha

Tess

hi Persha, all I find I need to do is be alone for a while beforehand and let my mind 'clear' until I feel ready, sometimes takes longer than others, but I'm usually looking forward to it as much as the client.....hope this helps!

jade

i like spending a few minutes alone, if possible and just clear my head of my life and my problems and my stuff..........so that i am a clear channel.

in light,
jade

Melvis

My preparation for a reading is very simple...I close my eyes and shuffle, shuffle, shuffle! I think generally about the question, and when I am finally able to tune out all those other interfering thoughts (my right knee itches...oops, my stomach just growled...wow, that candle smells really good...etc.) and just concentrate on the question, I open my eyes and throw the spread! It's kind of like meditating, I guess!

Peace,

Melvis

Pollux

I get prepared not eating meat - this keeps me "awake", you know what I mean - washing my hands and face, and shuffling a lot - like Melvis.
The problem for me is concentrating on the question. Because, soon after, my mind goes through other things... and it's just hard to focus on the querent's query :D

If you have difficulties, try using a cloth, burning incense and staying at candle-light. These last two really help me when I'm OUT! :p