strange dream connection?

Free Flight

i was debating whether to post this dream or not as it is kind of embarrasing...however because it has played on my mind all weekend I have decided to post this to grab some other theories about it.

There is a man at work who is attractive. I have never spoken to him only seen him from afar. On Friday I saw him again and thought to myself "wow"
that night as falling asleep I thought of him for a moment and wondered to myself if he was married, single, gay, happy, sad...etc

So in my sleep I dreamt of him. I do not know what the dream involved but the part I remember I was sitting on a rock in the bush and in the distance was his house. It was like I was spying into his life...At the window appeared a women who was angry and scary looking (her eyes were very strange -almost like possessed) and she stood at the window for a minute and then closed the curtains with vehemence and anger. All I can say is that it felt like she knew I was there and was shutting me out

That is all

When I awoke I was quite fearful as the remnants of the dream held me still. I got up to get a drink and it felt like the house was alive with anger and a sort of presence (whether that was still dream remnants or not I do not know).

Anyway. What do I make of it? nothing? or was this perhaps his wife who in her sleeping state was aware of my interest (although I couldnt even say it is interest, I just thought of him once or twice) and her dreaming state met me in the netherworld to warn me off?

any theories?

Sophie

I subscribe to the view that all characters in dreams are unconscious projections of oneself. So I think this woman at the window was a part of yourself warning the other part away - almost as though to say - "what are you playing at? keep away! Don't go anywhere near him". Effectively shutting out the part of you that is attracted to this man. A part of your unconscious is not accepting this attraction, and it comes out in dream. But it's an irrational, angry part, as indicated by the "possessed" look in the eyes. Your conscious, rational side can recognise it, and face her down.

As for the "spying", I think that is the other part - the side of you who is attracted - that does not yet feel comfortable in showing a clear attraction out in the open (understandable, if this other part is making things difficult!) - so she lurks about, trying to pursue her attraction in secret.

Perhaps you need to acknowledge the attraction, bring it out in the open to yourself during your conscious hours - even show him (subtly) that you feel this attraction?

Simone

freeflight,

knowing a bit about your background, I first want to say it's a good thing you start noticing other people (men :D ;) ) around you again.

My first thought was a question: do you feel guilty about finding this man attractive on some level? and if yes - is this guilt related to your (still) being married or to him possibly being in another relationship?

This being said, you might actually have been astral projecting in your sleep...

The next thought is that you seem to be very sensitive to other people's anger - you could work on leaving them their responsibility about it instead of taking it upon you.

((((freeflight)))) I hope this helps you a bit.

Love
Simone

Enchanted

Hi FreeFlight! :)

Interesting dream!

The first thing that struck me was that you dreamt you were sitting on a rock, now rocks indicate solid foundations. Seeing as you have just come from a Tower year I did think this correlation was interesting. You said you were sitting on it, which suggests comtemplation of your life and the changes in it. I was wondering if you could remember how you were sitting? I got this image of "the thinker" for some reason.

The other object which I thought of importance was the window. To see a window in a dream represents an opening to new possibilities, to hope, again a strange correlation as now you are in a Star year.

I think that Helvetica is right, that the woman does represent unconscious parts of yourself. The way you describe her she could in a way and could be representative of your shadow self. The fact that the curtains were closed suggest that, assuming that this woman was a part of you, you were repressing or rejecting this possibility.

Well I don't know if any of this helps you. Also my mum once said to me "if you don't window shop, you may as well be dead". So have a browse, even if your not quite ready to 'buy' yet! ;) :D

Sophie

Simone said:
knowing a bit about your background, I first want to say it's a good thing you start noticing other people (men :D ;) ) around you again.
absolutely!!! :)

I like what Enchanted said about window-shopping too - ties in neatly with your dream...

rcb30872

Free Flight said:
So in my sleep I dreamt of him. I do not know what the dream involved but the part I remember I was sitting on a rock in the bush and in the distance was his house. It was like I was spying into his life...At the window appeared a women who was angry and scary looking (her eyes were very strange -almost like possessed) and she stood at the window for a minute and then closed the curtains with vehemence and anger. All I can say is that it felt like she knew I was there and was shutting me out

I really don't know what to say about the rock, but this is what it says in my book Are you looking for a more solid foundation in your life? The dream may be highlighting a need to see the rock within yourself and all the qualities it embodies such as rigidity and coldness, as well as dependability. Are you somebody's "rock"? Perhaps you need to break free from this role. I would say since you are in the middle of the bush it indicates that you are close to achieving your goals, but by the fact that you are sitting on a rock maybe you are currently involved in difficulties, but there is chance of happiness ahead. Since you are looking in on his house in the dream could indicate that you feel that you are an onlooker in this man's life, but at the same time I am thinking that this man represents your masculine side of yourself, if that is the aspect of yourself then you may need to empower that part of you and take control, in other words be more authorative and more active, I guess!! I would say what it says about the curtain, which is, if the curtains are being closed in your dream, it may be that there is a difficult or unpleasant issue that is being avoided, that the woman at the window would also represent another aspect of yourself. I would imagine that the fact that you sense this woman as being possessed (or that is what is indicated by the look in her eyes) that something is going against your moral judgement, it may be your own urges, because they are uncontrollable you judge them as being unacceptable.

That's all I can come up with.

Bec

psychic sue

I wonder if there is a part of you that is afraid of a new relationship?

Perhaps you have been hurt in the past - the woman in the dream being that part of you that is saying "don't go near, you might get hurt".

Just my thoughts.

Sue x

Free Flight

thanks to all the lovely ladies who replied.

Helvetica said:
I subscribe to the view that all characters in dreams are unconscious projections of oneself. So I think this woman at the window was a part of yourself warning the other part away - almost as though to say - "what are you playing at? keep away! Don't go anywhere near him". Effectively shutting out the part of you that is attracted to this man. A part of your unconscious is not accepting this attraction, and it comes out in dream. But it's an irrational, angry part, as indicated by the "possessed" look in the eyes. Your conscious, rational side can recognise it, and face her down.

As for the "spying", I think that is the other part - the side of you who is attracted - that does not yet feel comfortable in showing a clear attraction out in the open (understandable, if this other part is making things difficult!) - so she lurks about, trying to pursue her attraction in secret.

Perhaps you need to acknowledge the attraction, bring it out in the open to yourself during your conscious hours - even show him (subtly) that you feel this attraction?

this was a theory I had not before considered. I thought that he is married and that somehow I was facing his wife on the astral plane and she was effectively saying "Get Lost"

I like your way of thinking get the attraction out there in the physical world. Scary thought for me now as I am not ready but definitely will in the future

hmmmm. Another thing I realised last night in the middle of the night...was that her eyes were stitched up...when I spoke of them being weird they were sewn diagnoally closed...

Simone said:
My first thought was a question: do you feel guilty about finding this man attractive on some level? and if yes - is this guilt related to your (still) being married or to him possibly being in another relationship?

Plus I AM filled with guilt at the moment, about everything and anything so this makes sense yes

Simone said:
knowing a bit about your background, I first want to say it's a good thing you start noticing other people (men ) around you again.
Sigh the possibilities indeed. Thanks :D :D

Enchanted said:
The first thing that struck me was that you dreamt you were sitting on a rock, now rocks indicate solid foundations. Seeing as you have just come from a Tower year I did think this correlation was interesting. You said you were sitting on it, which suggests comtemplation of your life and the changes in it. I was wondering if you could remember how you were sitting? I got this image of "the thinker" for some reason..

Enchanted I love to bushwalk and often sit in the bush on a rock to think looking over the beautiful australian bush..it is a place I feel most comfortable and calm. I was sitting in the thinker pose..I had not thought of this before but had my legs crossed and head on my hands looking into the distance.

Enchanted said:
The other object which I thought of importance was the window. To see a window in a dream represents an opening to new possibilities, to hope, again a strange correlation as now you are in a Star year.

I think that Helvetica is right, that the woman does represent unconscious parts of yourself. The way you describe her she could in a way and could be representative of your shadow self. The fact that the curtains were closed suggest that, assuming that this woman was a part of you, you were repressing or rejecting this possibility.
Yes So many little things I missed, the window = an opportinity yes the future is filled with them...I like this symbolism but I had missed it...

Enchanted said:
Well I don't know if any of this helps you. Also my mum once said to me "if you don't window shop, you may as well be dead". So have a browse, even if your not quite ready to 'buy' yet!
Your mum sounds like a wise woman! In that sentence you just alleviated all my guilt, thanks!:D :D

rcb30872 said:
I really don't know what to say about the rock, but this is what it says in my book Are you looking for a more solid foundation in your life? The dream may be highlighting a need to see the rock within yourself and all the qualities it embodies such as rigidity and coldness, as well as dependability. Are you somebody's "rock"? Perhaps you need to break free from this role. I would say since you are in the middle of the bush it indicates that you are close to achieving your goals, but by the fact that you are sitting on a rock maybe you are currently involved in difficulties, but there is chance of happiness ahead. Since you are looking in on his house in the dream could indicate that you feel that you are an onlooker in this man's life, but at the same time I am thinking that this man represents your masculine side of yourself, if that is the aspect of yourself then you may need to empower that part of you and take control, in other words be more authorative and more active, I guess!! I would say what it says about the curtain, which is, if the curtains are being closed in your dream, it may be that there is a difficult or unpleasant issue that is being avoided, that the woman at the window would also represent another aspect of yourself. I would imagine that the fact that you sense this woman as being possessed (or that is what is indicated by the look in her eyes) that something is going against your moral judgement, it may be your own urges, because they are uncontrollable you judge them as being unacceptable.
yes Bec I am looking for more solid foundations...makes sense when I think about it...interesting theory on all the urges, as mentioned before I feel a lot of guilt so this makes sense

psychic Sue said:
I wonder if there is a part of you that is afraid of a new relationship?

Perhaps you have been hurt in the past - the woman in the dream being that part of you that is saying "don't go near, you might get hurt".
yes very true., I am afraid!

To all the beautiful woman who once again pool together to help me, I thank you all. You have highlighted symbolism that I had missed..
I was afraid to look him in the eye this week in case his wife came after me...but now I see perhaps as usual I am overdramatising this..it is all about my own guilt etc etc

thanks guys. Bless you all