Struggling with Thoth could use some input with reading (pretty long)

Lillith0315

Hello I could use some input on a reading I did for myself using the 15 card Thoth spread and Thoth deck. This spread turned out to be much harder than I thought it would be. I have been struggling with this for two days. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

THE SITUATION:

Did this reading to see if the was any future relationship between myself and my recently (almost 2 weeks) ex-lover.

STOP HERE IF YOU DON'T WANT THE BACK STORY.

We had always had a very intensely sexual, sensual relationship as well as a really good friendship, his main issue that keep him from ever really considering me as potential long term partner material has alway been the fact that I have two small children from my previous marriage and he had always dreamed of having "his own family", and although he thinks I'm absolutely amazing he never gave our relationship a real chance because he could not get past the kids thing. We were having a "casual" relationship, I agreed to it initially only because I just wanted to be with him and thought that once he found out how wonderful I am he wouldn't care that I already had children (I have no issue with having another child btw and he knows that) I spent most of my time hiding the fact that I was in love with him and trying to pretend that the relationship we were having was ok with me, I felt that he spent a lot of time making sure that he did't get too close. Whenever I would feel us really starting to connect he would disappear for a while and come back a little more distant. He broke it off because he felt that his involvement with me was making it too hard to be emotionally open to pursuing another, ("more appropriate" my words) relationship and there was someone he wanted to pursue. He thought we would just put the sexual part of our relationship on hold until he saw how this new thing worked out, if it didn't we would just pick up where we left off. He thought I would just be a little disappointed....he thought wrong. When I stopped crying enough to explain to him the error in his thinking he was shocked. He understands why his plan won't work. I left it at, I would love to see him again but only if he can get over this ridged notion of what he thinks his life should be and would be willing to at least give us a real chance at a real relationship.

Soooooooo, wow! I made a really short story really long, sorry :) just felt the background was important. He is a Leo and I am a Pisces I have always seen myself at the Queen of Cups and him as the knight of Wands.

THE READING:

13_9_5 ________4_8_12
________2_1_3________
14_10_6________7_11_15

Card 1 - Represents the client, the nature of the question and the primary
influences upon the situation: XI Lust

Cards 2 and 3 - Read in combination with reference to card 1, all 3 cards are key to describing the nature of the situation and the personality of the individual:

Card 2: 2 of Swords Card 3: Empress (ill dignified)

Cards 6,10,14: This set indicates the psychological basis of the issue.

card 14: 9 of Swords card 10: Queen of Cups card 6: 5 of Disks

Cards 7, 11, 15: This set show the operation of forces beyond the individuals control and how he or she can adapt to them. They are personal advisory cards.

card 7: Queen of Wands card 11: Knight of Swords card 15: 7 of Swords

Cards 13, 9, 5 and 4, 8, 12: these two sets of cards indicate potential futures. If the two sets compliment each other, the cards on the upper left are a development of the cards on the upper right. If the two sets are in conflict. The cards on the upper right are the direction the individual will naturally follow. The cards on the upper left represent actions that could change the natural direction.

Card 13: Ace of Disks card 9: The Aeon card 5: The Devil

card 4: 4 of Swords card 8: Prince of Wands card 12: Fortune

There are some notes regarding the spread:

Princes and Queens often represent actual men and women connect with the matter.

Knights mean the coming or going of a matter in accordance with the direction of the knights face.

Princesses show ideas, thoughts or opinions related to the subject.

So there you have it, feel free to have a go if you are so inclined. I would love to get some objective opinions. Thanks!

MY INTERPRETATION: Sorry if this interpretation is pretty elementary, I am just beginning with Thoth (LOVE them btw) and hadn't used my RSW cards for about 13 years until a few months ago.

cards 1, 2, 3: Lust, 2 of Swords and The Empress (Ill dignified)

These seemed pretty obvious to me the Lust represents the nature of the relationship as well as him the Leo. The ill dignified Empress represents the conflict regarding my children. I am not so sure about the 2 of Swords, perhaps it represents my trying to find peace within myself with the end of the relationship?

cards 14, 10, 6: 9 Swords, Queen of Cups, 5 Disks

Well I'm having a terrible time interpreting these in relation to the question asked the question being "What is the future of mine and Antoine's relationship" I recognize that the Queen of Cups can only represent me but the other cards, do they represent the psychological basis of the relationship as a whole in the future, now or as it was? or does it represent our individual psychological issues that will/do or have effect(ed) it? very confused with this.

Cards 7, 11, 15: Queen of Wands, Knight of Swords, 7 of Swords

Queen of Wands represents the new relationship (yeah, looking back at earlier readings I did see her coming), Knight of Swords represents the coming of a matter, just don't really understand what the matter is, is it the 7 of Swords? Who does the 7 of Swords relate to? I don't think it relates to me because I don't really feel that horrible about the situation anymore and wouldn't my feelings be at least somewhat under my control anyway?

As the next two sets of cards seem to be complmentary, please let me know if you think I'm wrong :) the left hand potential future cards would become a development of the right hand potential future cards, although I'm not sure if that means they happen because of the cards on the right or are meant to further clarify the right hand cards. I chose to read the right hand side first and use the left side to compliment and clarify the right side.

cards 4, 8, 12 4 of Swords, Prince of Wands, Fortune

cards 13, 9, 5: Ace of Disks, The Aeon, The Devil

Ace Of Disks and 4 of Swords (read together)

Ant is and has been seriously wrapped up in getting a new business ready to launch that he has pinned all his hopes on, most of his focus and concentration is on this project, he is/was constantly stressed about it. so I believe that the Ace of Disks coupled with the 4 of Swords means that after the business at least opens he will be able to get a reprieve from the stress and long enough to focus on the things that are missing in his life (The Aeon) burning away old outmoded beliefs and taking a definate step in a new directing, starting over with a clean slate. Balancing the spiritual with the earthly, material (The Devil) pleasures may brings him back to me to give our relationship another try with a more open heart and mind. I see the Fortune card an indicating that I will need to decide weather or not I want to risk taking another chance on him and having my heart broken again, the wheel offers no garantees of happiness or longevity or even honesty only chance and change.

Grigori

Lillith0315 said:
Card 3: Empress (ill dignified)

Hi Lillith. I'm laying out your reading trying to get a handle on the spread. When you say the Empress is ill-dignified, do you mean you used (or it came out) reversed? I can't spot a particularly ill dignified relationship with the surrounding cards using other methods.

Thanks!

Lillith0315

similia said:
Hi Lillith. I'm laying out your reading trying to get a handle on the spread. When you say the Empress is ill-dignified, do you mean you used (or it came out) reversed? I can't spot a particularly ill dignified relationship with the surrounding cards using other methods.

Thanks!

Hello Similia,

Thank you so much for helping! I thought that the Empress would be ill dignified being that based on the elemental dignities she, being ruler by water would be weakened by the fire that the Lust card is ruled by. I did not see the Lust card as ill dignified because it has the 2 of swords on the other side of it strengthing it therefore negating any weakening effect the Empress' water would have on it.

Again thank you so much for responding! :)