Suggestions please

Musicman

Reading the post from mysticgirl got me to ask this question. What is the best and simple reading i can do as a beginner with my cards. I was told a basic three card spread, reading from right to left would be the easiest to do first and help me get acquainted with my deck, which by the way is an "ancestral path' deck and go from there...

Allwun

Have you been doing a daily reading? I find that a really good way to get acquainted with the cards. If you keep track you can see what themes are developing over the days and weeks. ")

HTH

Allwun

Lilliana

to add to what allwun said, some people find it helpful to do a daily reading, a weekly reading and a monthly reading when getting aquainted with the tarot.

as for spreads, start small and work your way up to more cards. When you're beginning with the tarot having a many-card spread can be confusing at first.
Try to find a relationship between the cards, instead of analysing each one separately, and practice, paractice, practice :)

Lilli

cj

Musicman (02 Jan, 2002 21:17):

Musicman,

Take a look at bec's home page..she has spreads and worksheets..they are verry helpful..

My newest favorite it talisman's cup..I put a twist (as simple as I could) on it though..it should be in the archives..it's 8 cards.

6 8 7
1 2
3 4 5

1 and 2 are the person you are reading for (if you want to simplify it, just make the center 1 card)
3 is the past
4 is the present
5 is the future
6 is the subconcious
7 is the concious
8 is advise - guidance

the key is what does the card mean in each position. ie postiion 3 is 3/swords..the person may be coming out of a bad relationship.. and so on..

the worksheets on bec's page help a great deal..

good reading
cj

Mojo

Musicman,

When I teach, the most basic is usually the best approach. It can also be the most challenging!

Try just ONE card.

Do as long and detailed a reading as you can using just one card... use every symbol on that card to weave yourself a story about your question (or your day, or week, etc.)

When you can learn to turn a single card into a detailed reading, the more complex spreads will take on a life of their own.

tarotbear

Since it is the new year, get yourself a blank calendar and track your daily readings. That way you can be aware of trends and repeats. A card a day keeps the worries away......

Kaz

Quote:Mojo (03 Jan, 2002 02:19):
When I teach, the most basic is usually the best approach. It can also be the most challenging!

Try just ONE card.

When you can learn to turn a single card into a detailed reading, the more complex spreads will take on a life of their own.

How very true this is.....I agree with you Mojo.

Kaz