Sylvie steinbach method question

NikkiB

Hi

Am trying to learn this but have a question, could someone pleased clarify something for me...

ok I've charged my card - and i fan and pick till i find my charged card, do i:

a) use the two cards i picked before the charged card as past current / and then the two cards after the charged card

or

b) find the charged card and then pick four more cards after the charged card and use two as past/present before the charged card.

in the book Sylvie says find card and then pick another 4 but then somewhere else it says about the cards picked before the charge card....

sooooo help please :D

thanks
x

lark

NikkiB said:
Hi

Am trying to learn this but have a question, could someone pleased clarify something for me...

ok I've charged my card - and i fan and pick till i find my charged card, do i:

a) use the two cards i picked before the charged card as past current / and then the two cards after the charged card
I do it this way...a)...but I don't understand what you mean by fan...are you randomly picking cards until you find your charged card?

I might be doing it wrong...but I charge a card...shuffle...and then lay cards down in lines until I find my charged card.....note the two before and the two after..which is easy as they are laying right there... and that is my spread.

The cards on the left can indicate past or current.
Cards on the right can be about present into the future..or can inform.

Sometimes I might feel the need to look at three cards before or three cards after the charged card...I just let my insticts lead me in that.

I might be doing it wrong, but this is what works for me...I feel that if the cards are shuffled they are in the right alignment....so I don't randomly pick cards.

Lela

After you fan out the deck and find your key card, basically use the two cards picked before the key card for the past/present and then choose an additional two cards after the key card to show what's to come. HTH.

Golden Moon

Lela said:
After you fan out the deck and find your key card, basically use the two cards picked before the key card for the past/present and then choose an additional two cards after the key card to show what's to come. HTH.

Yes. There are other ways to read the left and right cards. If it's about a person, the left cards indicate it's past, thoughts, or intentions and the right cards how it will manifest in the future.

Note; ALWAYS take into consideration the cards that are from left and right of the key card. They give details about the question or concern.

lord_ewin

I find that picking cards at random until you hit your card is a huge waste of time. I just cut through the shinanigans and go straight to fanning the cards and find my charged card, then take it, plus the two cards in front and after it to read a 5 card spread.

NikkiB

Thanks everyone!

Yes I have found randomly picking cards a long time and i started by laying the cards as they come and found that worked well, was just trying to have a go at doing it by the book, but I also find that i prefer doing it the previous way...

thanks for your replys :)

rif

lord_ewin said:
I find that picking cards at random until you hit your card is a huge waste of time. I just cut through the shinanigans and go straight to fanning the cards and find my charged card, then take it, plus the two cards in front and after it to read a 5 card spread.

I sometimes do that too. It depends how much time I have, and if I'm short on space to fan. The caveat is having a more thoroughly shuffled deck, in my opinion.

Fan and pick doesn't take long once you get used to it. I used to think it was overly time consuming, but if I just quickly pick cards, it works fine for me. I've never timed it but I would guess it averages 30 seconds. The benefit is that I find it can compensate for a quickly shuffled deck that might otherwise not be random enough from the last reading.

Phoenix Rising

The reasoning for randomly choosing the cards and doing it quickly is so the logical mind doesn't get in the way, it is the subconscious choosing it, also it mixes the cards up well, especially if it's not shuffled properly.

cheers

Phoenix