“Sympathetic Creatures” spread

Sentient

This is a layout I created recently when I needed some good advice.

Think of 2-6 animals you admire, and note the qualities you feel they exemplify. Each card you draw corresponds to one of the animals you have chosen, and each position meaning is taken from the qualities you attribute to that animal. Imagine these creatures as sympathetic, intelligent beings who are willing to take time out of their day to give you advice from their point of view.

When I used this spread I chose the:

Dolphin (due to its high intelligence and sociability),

the Coyote (due to its resourcefulness and ability to survive in harsh environments),

the Dog (because of its loyalty, and because it understands that there’s strength in partnership),

and the Eagle (for its ability to see the larger landscape, and its keen eyesight).

So in this example, position 1 would be: “What advice would the Dolphin give me about using my intelligence and sociability?”

Since I chose 4 creatures I laid the spread out in a square, but any layout will do.

I got some nice results from it, and did get the feeling that each of the animals was speaking to me. I like this spread because of its flexibility, as almost every species has something to teach us.

Please let me know what you think – positive or negative. Feel free to use it if you wish.

Best,

Sentient

Baby Owl

neat idea!

This is a neat idea! I could also see drawing cards from an animal oracle (or an animal tarot deck, I suppose) and then using another deck to supplement the message already associated with that original card. Would you be willing to share an example of your reading?

(headed for my bookshelf to look at possible decks to use...)

Sentient

I'm glad you liked it, Baby Owl. It didn't occur to me to use an animal oracle deck - that's an interesting idea.

I hesitated to post an example because I thought it might not be the correct forum (?)....

Sentient

Baby Owl

Sentient said:
I hesitated to post an example because I thought it might not be the correct forum (?)....Sentient

Good point. I think you would do that in the YOUR READINGS forum.

BodhiSeed

Thanks Sentient and Baby Owl!

Thank you Sentient for the idea of using the animals, and to you also Baby Owl for the idea of using tarot cards to go with them. I just pulled four cards from my Druid Oracle and then paired each with a card from my Light and Shadow Tarot. This one won't be a "quickie" reading -- I'll have to chew and digest it a bit I think!
Many blessings,
Bodrhran

Moonbow

Hi all

Yes Baby Owl is correct, any readings as a result of a spread shared here, should be posted in 'Your Readings'. You can either repeat the spread with the reading or link to this thread.