Taking Care of Moldavite

twinage

I have heard about how amazing a Moldavite since last year and decided to buy one for me. But haven't found a perfect piece with perfect price and finally found not only one, but three! After thinking too long, I decide to buy two or take all three. I wanted to make it as a pendant but I don't know how to wrap 2 or 3 moldavite in one pendant. :D

I found a solution to make a cage (like bird cage) from a metal wire but another question has arise, here it is:
1. If I place 2-3 moldavite, it still have some space so it can move freely. The point is, if 1-2 of it will be a besednice, will it get broken/shattered because of the cage or the other moldavite?
2. Is it okay if I take my moldavite pendant to bath too since it's a pain too put in and put off? Will the moldavite be okay if it get in contact with soap and warm/hot water?
3. Will it get broken/shattered if it get pressure from my body when I wear it as sleep since it also a pain to put it off before sleep?

Well, maybe I'm too lazy but I still wanted the best for my new, first and second (and maybe third) moldavite. Thank you for reading this and every post (except bad one) are welcome :)

shelikes2read

I would not put more than one stone in a wire cage. They would rub against each other and maybe chip or crack each other. I would give every stone its own separate wrapping.

If your Moldavite has thin little projections of stone, I would treat it like a fragile item and not expose it to pressure (like lying down on it all night). Those thin pieces could easily break off. Moldavite is a natural form of glass, created by the impact of a meteorite on the earth. We have to treat it as we would any glass item, and that includes taking care not to damage any delicate details.

I've seen different kinds of wire cages for stones. What style of wire cage were you thinking of creating? Do you have a picture of the actual stones you will be buying? That will help us get a mental image of what you're trying to do, and it will help give a clearer idea of what risks exist and what things should be safe to do.

Congratulations on your new Moldavite! :)

twinage

I would not put more than one stone in a wire cage. They would rub against each other and maybe chip or crack each other. I would give every stone its own separate wrapping.

If your Moldavite has thin little projections of stone, I would treat it like a fragile item and not expose it to pressure (like lying down on it all night). Those thin pieces could easily break off. Moldavite is a natural form of glass, created by the impact of a meteorite on the earth. We have to treat it as we would any glass item, and that includes taking care not to damage any delicate details.

I've seen different kinds of wire cages for stones. What style of wire cage were you thinking of creating? Do you have a picture of the actual stones you will be buying? That will help us get a mental image of what you're trying to do, and it will help give a clearer idea of what risks exist and what things should be safe to do.

Congratulations on your new Moldavite! :)

Thank you for your great advice, I haven't bought any of it lol but will buy it this month since my budget is enough :)
I also think that maybe I shouldn't put in one cage since I'm afraid it get broken. And the moldavite shape doesn't matter since I'm going to make a bird cage style pendant with an openable door where any shape can enter it. And about the thickness, I think each of the three is around 1/2"
But then I really want to bring all of it with me everywhere :D

Also, it's okay if we take moldavite to bath with us too? It's okay for it to get contact with soap and water?

Richard

......Also, it's okay if we take moldavite to bath with us too? It's okay for it to get contact with soap and water?
Since Moldavite is essentially glass, soap and water should not hurt it.

twinage

Since Moldavite is essentially glass, soap and water should not hurt it.

Okay then :) At least I'm happy that I don't need to put off my pendant other than sleeping

celticnoodle

I agree with what shelikestoread said about the moldavite, but I also want to caution you that sleeping with moldavite may prove to be difficult for yourself as well.

I have a moldavite piece and I cannot sleep with it near me, let alone wearing it to bed, because it gives me headaches and migraines. It is/can be a powerful crystal. So, be careful if you do develop headaches or migraines--it just may be the moldavite!

As for what LRichard says, I'm not so sure about the soap. It may not hurt the moldavite at all, but I'd play it safe and not get it soaped up. Running it under clear warm water is okay, and then setting it out in the sun to charge/dry or the moonlight is suppose to be good for it.

twinage

I agree with what shelikestoread said about the moldavite, but I also want to caution you that sleeping with moldavite may prove to be difficult for yourself as well.

I have a moldavite piece and I cannot sleep with it near me, let alone wearing it to bed, because it gives me headaches and migraines. It is/can be a powerful crystal. So, be careful if you do develop headaches or migraines--it just may be the moldavite!

As for what LRichard says, I'm not so sure about the soap. It may not hurt the moldavite at all, but I'd play it safe and not get it soaped up. Running it under clear warm water is okay, and then setting it out in the sun to charge/dry or the moonlight is suppose to be good for it.

I read that some people place moldavite under their pillow to help their dream and so I also wanted to try it too. But if I get a great headache for days then I know it caused by moldavite thanks to your information :)

And now the soap is the biggest issue here..... Thanks for sharing your point, I really appreciate it!

celticnoodle

that is what I did too--keep it close at hand, in hopes it would help me with my dreams as well as astral tavels, which it is known for. I shared how I was suffering from migraines with my then boss, (new age shop, who actually got the moldavite for me) and she told me about how it can cause headaches.

So, we opened a book on crystals and lo and behold, it said it could cause headaches!

I was also recommended to purchase another crystal to go with the moldavite that will help and support the moldavite as well as keep me grounded while using it and NOT get such severe headahces. pietersite. I bought that too--but I still keep the moldavite away from the bedding area--just to be safe. I wear it when I do readings--but also have the pietersite hanging from the same chain. they seem to work well together and so we are all happy. :D

twinage

that is what I did too--keep it close at hand, in hopes it would help me with my dreams as well as astral tavels, which it is known for. I shared how I was suffering from migraines with my then boss, (new age shop, who actually got the moldavite for me) and she told me about how it can cause headaches.

So, we opened a book on crystals and lo and behold, it said it could cause headaches!

I was also recommended to purchase another crystal to go with the moldavite that will help and support the moldavite as well as keep me grounded while using it and NOT get such severe headahces. pietersite. I bought that too--but I still keep the moldavite away from the bedding area--just to be safe. I wear it when I do readings--but also have the pietersite hanging from the same chain. they seem to work well together and so we are all happy. :D

Thanks for sharing your experience, I have a Larimar brracelet which I love it so much since it great for Leo and I really like blue. I really wanted to try moldavite by itself first since I really wanted to know how it worked by itself. If I get a severe migraine just like you, I will bring some grounding stone and Larimar with me :D

And really excited to see how Moldavite will improve my reading too, guess I place so many hope with my new, coming moldavite even though I have never touch it lol

twinage

pietersite. I bought that too--but I still keep the moldavite away from the bedding area--just to be safe. I wear it when I do readings--but also have the pietersite hanging from the same chain. they seem to work well together and so we are all happy. :D

I forgot that I also have a pietersite that recently given to me. It a heart shape cabochon that come from China (telled by the person who give this to me). After reading about the pietersite link, I will try the Moldavite and Pietersite after getting an effect with moldavite alone :) (mentioned in my last post)