Tarot according to Hoyle

Silverlotus

I did a quick search and didn't find anything about this, so I tought I'd make a quick post about Tarot according to Hoyle. I just loaded up Hoyle Card Games 2002 to pass the time while waiting for a large, slow download. And what to I spy on the main page? Nothing other then Tarot! It's rather good version of Tarocchi from whatI can tell. The cards used for the Majors are hard to see since they are so small, but they appear rather cartoonish and have the same image top and bottom (flip) so there is no reversals.

The Hermit (or Trump 9) apears to be students listen to a teacher, the Hanged Man looks like a woman in a kitchen holding a chicken (shrug), and the Tower is kids on a raft. Those were the only Majors I was dealt.

Sadly, this isn't one of the games that you can play over the internet. :( But I still want to learn to play. Who knows when I'll meet another Tarot fanatic face to face!

Mabuse

I have that same program.
One can play this game online but at French language websites
Do a Google search for WebTarot, FoxTarot, or Ludiclub
The cards currently used for this game use the French or International suit signs rather than the Italian/Spanish ones.
Also the Trump pictures deviate considerably from the traditional Marseilles pictures.
Up until the very end of the 19th century, the French played this game, or something similar, using the TdM, but switched to this newer design as it was more convenient. This "Tarot Nouveau" as it is often called was based on an earlier design by the C. L. Wuest card manufacturer of Frankfurt Germany. Grimaud around the end of the 19th century, manufactured the first French addition of this design.

hedgecub

I've got a French tarot deck (to play the game) called the Tarot Druuna. It's based on a series of adult erotic comics, and it's a very naughty little deck ;) I was also tempted by the Tarot Asterix, but I didn't get it at the time as my shopping basket was quite full already.

So you don't have to settle for the normal, boring tarocchi images :)