Tarot bags thread

Anise

Nice bags, Falcor! I especially like that plaid/lace/black choker getup on the right. :) My decks are also in a variety of bags/wraps, and I definitely prefer soft storage to boxes.

My first deck ever is in a silky scarf, Halloween is in a black/orange furoshiki, Silicon Dawn is in that purple pouch, and I have a pineapple makeup bag for Dame Darcy.

Attachments

• scarf.jpg
    scarf.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 181
  • bags.jpg
    bags.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 190

BeyondtheVeil

I make tarot bags lined with dupion silk and sell them on my website and in my Etsy shop.

Tarot Sulis - made to order bags
Sulis Creations

I have my own reading decks in black cotton velvet bags lined with different colours of dupion silk, depending on the deck.

Great looking bags, Sulis! If you made large crocheted Owl bags I would be in heaven and broke! lol :)

Beyondtheveil

Nemia

I closed my shop for tarot bags since nobody seemed to like them :-(

But I still make them and use them for my own decks. I love crochet and I find the bags very effective in protecting my decks. I'm especially happy with the cruciform wraps I design, they're lovely also for four- or five card spreads.

Tanga

How does someone post a photo on this forum? I don't see any option, but sometimes do see photos posted by others...again...how?

...Ask in 'Forum Help'. You mostly need to subscribe to post attachments...(there is a "manage attachments" section when you're in your posting window).
When I was not a subscriber - I used PinInterest to link my photos here...
There are some others you can use too.

Those crochet bags are cute Nemia.
However, for me, a knitted bag is asking to be snagged somewhere (I seem to be quite clumsy with this medium.Lol) so I tend to avoid those. :)

My Baba Studios bags are all presents requested over the years (the velvet ones with detailed pictures) - the rest are a mixture of cotton and velvet ones from Ebay, some pencil cases, some jewellery bags, some bags I've found which I've dyed and added iron-on stickers to.etc.

I drool over Sulis' collection. :)
(I have a Tarot cloth by her).

Carojulie

How does someone post a photo on this forum? I don't see any option, but sometimes do see photos posted by others...again...how?
I dont think we can ; you have to be a member to post pictures, so you and I cannot do it unless we become members.
Though I think I have seen non members post pictures directly inside their post (not in a link, directly the image) but that is a question for another thread in another forum !

Thank you every one for these beautiful pictures ! I wish I could show off my own bags (most I made myself and some I got from other sewers), but in the meantime I enjoy very much looking at everybody's collections ! Thanks !

Zephyros

Moderator Note:

As Tanga said, attatching pictures directly in a thread is something only subscribers can do (since everyone is a member). Non-subscribers can upload their images to sites like Photobucket or Pinterest and then put those links in their posts. Some forums like Tarot Games and Fun also support embedding images like this example, but non-subscribers still have to upload the images elsewhere and then use the embedding tags ([img],[/img]).

For more information on subscribing see here.

Carojulie

As Tanga said, attatching pictures directly in a thread is something only subscribers can do (since everyone is a member). Non-subscribers can upload their images to sites like Photobucket or Pinterest and then put those links in their posts. Some forums like Tarot Games and Fun also support embedding images like this example, but non-subscribers still have to upload the images elsewhere and then use the embedding tags ([img],[/img]).

For more information on subscribing see here.

Thank you very much for these precisions. Sorry I mixed up the terms member and subscriber.

G6

I closed my shop for tarot bags since nobody seemed to like them :-(

But I still make them and use them for my own decks. I love crochet and I find the bags very effective in protecting my decks. I'm especially happy with the cruciform wraps I design, they're lovely also for four- or five card spreads.

There must be a market for crocheted tarot bags and wraps, Nemia! Don't give up! :)

Nemia

I did, I closed it. But I don't really mind - I'm happy to have so many nice bags now :-D I think I only opened the shop to justify buying crazy amounts of yarn and spending hours crocheting... I love it so it's not wasted, neither the time nor the material.

And I gave tips here on AT on how to make different kinds of crochet bags. Crochet is such a super easy technique, it's really no problem to make your own.

I also loved embroidering and hand-sewing bags, let's hope my hands will recover so I can do it again!