Tarot Bags

Maygreen

I'm having trouble about this one. I make a bag from palegold satin for my tarot deck, but she's kinda doesn't like it everytime I asked her. =S

I need help for choosing clothes materials for my tarot bag. What kind of clothes that ussually used. And is colors also have influence?

sharpchick

This is only my personal preference. I prefer solid colors - usually dark ones. For fabric, I like velvet, cotton and silk.

Eco74

Decks can be sooo picky sometimes..

I was making a bag for a deck when another deck simply stepped in and stole it.
Well, it was laying on my desk along with the other one and after nearly finishing the bag, I realised that it would suit the other deck so much better that it got to move in instead..

I mix and match fabrics but do like them to feel "solid" so they don't loose their shape. I've used some synthetic fabrics but do prefer cotton and linen for most of my bags. Silk too, though that comes in rarely due to it not being all that easy to find the real kind of silk around here and I do prefer natural fibres mostly.

Color for me is mainly chosen on a deck-to-deck basis, or a feeling I get when I use the deck. Some are greener and others more blue, yellow or even metallic.

Why not make a one-card-draw for inspiration on making the bag?
The chosen card could give you inspiration for both color, material and style. :)

Sulis

Or why not take a look at the deck and try to match the bag to the colours used either in the deck itself or the back design of the deck.

I use 100% cotton for the bags I make - I like natural fibres best.

Love

Sulis xx

MercyMe

When I make bags for my decks, I try to get a feel for the deck itself then translate that into a bag. For example, for my DruidCraft I made a bag from blue tartan, embroidered a Celtic knot design on the front, the drawstring was brown suede. Those Druids feel right at home in there. :) My Bruegel, because the images are based on Norwegian farm folks from the 16th century got a bag that resembles a feed bag with handheld farm tools embroidered on the front. My Vachetta received a brown velvet bag lined in gold silk with gold upholstery trim around the drawstring with a gold fleur de lis embroidered on the front. I have made bags and had to kind of "ask" my decks which one liked it. My RWS seems to like the black Oriental satin brocade. :)

~Mercy

catlin

My favs

I like when bag and deck match so I usually select tarot bags very carefully because the decks have to fit in snuggly to avoid bending the cards.

My fav bags are of cotton or satin or sometimes came as gifts from beloved a.netties here.