Tarot Card Spell Crafting!

Lucas Prince of Cats

It would be lovely to have a thread/forum dedicated to this so we can easily share and find things like in the Tarot Spreads lists. :thumbsup:

Personally I don't really get the calling of deities thing! I think of the energy just coming from one source, so I like to keep it simple.

I like to arrange cards in orders, places and shapes (lots of circles) for my purposes. Every time is different and a fun creative process in itself. TdM decks work best I find because the pips can be used like quantities of ingredients in cakes.

Well, if you'd like to give the thread some momentum, give somethign you want to do a spell for, and we'll deiscuss the cards and proccess.

Tanga

Well, if you'd like to give the thread some momentum, give somethign you want to do a spell for, and we'll deiscuss the cards and proccess.

Lucas, since it is your thread in the first place - you should start with an example.
;)

*goes away to think about it. Since she's presently "all-spelled-and-ritualed out" having talked a lot about it recently here on AT and elsewhere, and having done large rituals on the Blood Moon and Halloween/Samhain night*

Lucas Prince of Cats

Romance! :D

Lucas, since it is your thread in the first place - you should start with an example.
;)

*goes away to think about it. Since she's presently "all-spelled-and-ritualed out" having talked a lot about it recently here on AT and elsewhere, and having done large rituals on the Blood Moon and Halloween/Samhain night*

Well, I did use memory and focus as an example.
What about attractiong love?
My Ritual:
1. Prepare all of my tools, make sure they're there and cleansed and ready.
2. Cast a circle.
3. Go clock-wise around the different corners asking guidance and help from the gods and goddesses and the faeries of the four corners. Ask for help and guidance from specially romantic deities. end on the corner you associate with water.
4. Place the cards and outline the circle. Put the lovers card at the crown of the circle. Put the kind of person you would like to attract right under. COmplete the circle by placing the 1 of cups, 2 of cups, 9 of cups (maybe), page and/or knight of cups (use the kings and queens for the kind of person), and/or empress. I'm not sure what cards could indicate romance.

Tanga

Well, I did use memory and focus as an example.
What about attractiong love?
My Ritual:
1. Prepare all of my tools, make sure they're there and cleansed and ready.
2. Cast a circle.
3. Go clock-wise around the different corners asking guidance and help from the gods and goddesses and the faeries of the four corners. Ask for help and guidance from specially romantic deities. end on the corner you associate with water.
4. Place the cards and outline the circle. Put the lovers card at the crown of the circle. Put the kind of person you would like to attract right under. COmplete the circle by placing the 1 of cups, 2 of cups, 9 of cups (maybe), page and/or knight of cups (use the kings and queens for the kind of person), and/or empress. I'm not sure what cards could indicate romance.

OK... :) Amore.
My format is a bit different to yours as you know (check post 3). I would ask guidance/protection of quarter entities during, or just after I've cast the circle. Then the presiding Deity is called once inside the complete circle. (And to be precise here ala Chaosbloom - the word is evoke, i.e. "call them into the circle". Invoke means "calling them into your body".).
By habit - I always start casting in the North (many start casting in the East - the place of
the rising sun). For the purpose of focussing on water (Love) - I'd set up the altar/cards in the West and sit facing the West.

What Love Deity would you choose?
I would choose Isis (love, faithfulness and devotion enduring past death - as she put Osiris back together again and brought him back from death. I'd avoid Aphrodite/Venus as She is more lust/desire, and beauty - than enduring love). I might choose a card to represent her... Temperance. Or The Star.
As I invite Isis to lend her energy to the ritual, I place her card down. 1).

Below that I would then place in a line:
2) the card that I choose as me - my Signifier... usually Page/Princess of Pentacles
3) the 2 of Cups in the middle for a romantic connection,
4) the card that represents the person I'd like to attract (could be more than one card if I'm thinking of particular attributes combined together. Here I'd then group the cards piled together. OR a card from a specific deck simply because of what the particular imagery says to me),
and 5) The 10 of Cups (outcome).

In pre-preparation, I may have already written a short chant to acknowledge and invite Isis in, and one that
I can repeat over as I lay down the rest of the cards. :cool2:

*And here, thinking up some chants off the top-of-my head...
Isis: "Maiden of the Earth and Sky, Mother of magic, Crone of wisdom and strength. Isis, I call you here. May your tears wash clean all obstacles towards my goal!" (tears - is a reference to how the flooding nile was viewed as Isis's tears for Osiris).

Cards 2-5: 2) "Here I stand open to opportunity," 3) "...Seeking a true bond of love and understanding." 3) "May my partner step forward in freedom." 4) "May we meet and forge the perfect interface/way ahead."*

Then meditate on /visualise the outcome as already attained. Or draw it in sigil form/write it down on a small piece of paper and burn to cinders in a bowl (the intent/hope floating "out to the Universe" as smoke).

TO END.
Stack the cards up.
Thank and say farewell to the Deity and whatever quarter entities were called (here blow out the candle(s) if there was one).
State that the circle is open (and/or de-contruct it anti-clockwise - or the opposite direction from the way in which it was drawn).
Tidy stuff away.

:livelong:

Lucas Prince of Cats

OK... :) Amore.
My format is a bit different to yours as you know (check post 3). I would ask guidance/protection of quarter entities during, or just after I've cast the circle. Then the presiding Deity is called once inside the complete circle. (And to be precise here ala Chaosbloom - the word is evoke, i.e. "call them into the circle". Invoke means "calling them into your body".).
By habit - I always start casting in the North (many start casting in the East - the place of
the rising sun). For the purpose of focussing on water (Love) - I'd set up the altar/cards in the West and sit facing the West.

What Love Deity would you choose?
I would choose Isis (love, faithfulness and devotion enduring past death - as she put Osiris back together again and brought him back from death. I'd avoid Aphrodite/Venus as She is more lust/desire, and beauty - than enduring love). I might choose a card to represent her... Temperance. Or The Star.
As I invite Isis to lend her energy to the ritual, I place her card down. 1).

Below that I would then place in a line:
2) the card that I choose as me - my Signifier... usually Page/Princess of Pentacles
3) the 2 of Cups in the middle for a romantic connection,
4) the card that represents the person I'd like to attract (could be more than one card if I'm thinking of particular attributes combined together. Here I'd then group the cards piled together. OR a card from a specific deck simply because of what the particular imagery says to me),
and 5) The 10 of Cups (outcome).

In pre-preparation, I may have already written a short chant to acknowledge and invite Isis in, and one that
I can repeat over as I lay down the rest of the cards. :cool2:

*And here, thinking up some chants off the top-of-my head...
Isis: "Maiden of the Earth and Sky, Mother of magic, Crone of wisdom and strength. Isis, I call you here. May your tears wash clean all obstacles towards my goal!" (tears - is a reference to how the flooding nile was viewed as Isis's tears for Osiris).

Cards 2-5: 2) "Here I stand open to opportunity," 3) "...Seeking a true bond of love and understanding." 3) "May my partner step forward in freedom." 4) "May we meet and forge the perfect interface/way ahead."*

Then meditate on /visualise the outcome as already attained. Or draw it in sigil form/write it down on a small piece of paper and burn to cinders in a bowl (the intent/hope floating "out to the Universe" as smoke).

TO END.
Stack the cards up.
Thank and say farewell to the Deity and whatever quarter entities were called (here blow out the candle(s) if there was one).
State that the circle is open (and/or de-contruct it anti-clockwise - or the opposite direction from the way in which it was drawn).
Tidy stuff away.

:livelong:

Oooh, nice format! And I agree that Venus/Aphrodite isn't so much a diety of warm love, and compassion, but of more fiery and sensual (Venus WAS formed from the penis of the sky, after all. XD). I more prefer Hathor, actually. Thanks.

Aunty Anthea

It would be lovely to have a thread/forum dedicated to this so we can easily share and find things like in the Tarot Spreads lists. :thumbsup:

Personally I don't really get the calling of deities thing! I think of the energy just coming from one source, so I like to keep it simple.

I like to arrange cards in orders, places and shapes (lots of circles) for my purposes. Every time is different and a fun creative process in itself. TdM decks work best I find because the pips can be used like quantities of ingredients in cakes.

I find this thread extremely interesting as I have often wondered how people use tarot cards in spell casting :confused:

Like earthair, I have never called up a deity and have no memory of any of my grandparents, or other family members, ever calling up deities either

In order to start a thread/forum dedicated to this, I believe it would be far better if we were all subscribers (which I am) then we could post in the Beyond Tarot Spirituality Section and say many thing which are outside the normal realms of the tarot sections })

NB. less than £17 to become a subscriber in the UK.

Tanga

Oooh, nice format! And I agree that Venus/Aphrodite isn't so much a diety of warm love, and compassion, but of more fiery and sensual (Venus WAS formed from the penis of the sky, after all. XD). I more prefer Hathor, actually. Thanks.

Aaaah - but the lovely Hathor - has the duality of being Sekhmet! That fiery lady of revenge drinking the blood of mankind.
Therefore I personally could not see her fitting the bill. :joke:

Lucas Prince of Cats

Aaaah - but the lovely Hathor - has the duality of being Sekhmet! That fiery lady of revenge drinking the blood of mankind.
Therefore I personally could not see her fitting the bill. :joke:

But she's also such an earthy goddess, and earth is just the lement I want for this. I geuss I'd be calling in quite a cancer goddess. Also, perhaps in my case, Tu Er Shwen would be more appropriate? http://listverse.com/2014/01/25/10-gods-and-goddesses-of-love-and-lust/ God of homosexual love.

Tanga

But she's also such an earthy goddess, and earth is just the lement I want for this.

confused now - thought you were originally aiming for water:
...3. Go clock-wise around the different corners asking guidance and help from the gods and goddesses and the faeries of the four corners. Ask for help and guidance from specially romantic deities. end on the corner you associate with water.

I geuss I'd be calling in quite a cancer goddess. Also, perhaps in my case, Tu Er Shwen would be more appropriate? http://listverse.com/2014/01/25/10-gods-and-goddesses-of-love-and-lust/ God of homosexual love.

Hmm. Looks interesting... What card would you use to represent him?
(You've initiated a fascinating Google search for Deities :) )

earthair

In order to start a thread/forum dedicated to this, I believe it would be far better if we were all subscribers (which I am) then we could post in the Beyond Tarot Spirituality Section and say many thing which are outside the normal realms of the tarot sections })

Yup- I feel an interesting discussion coming on... :thumbsup: But Tanga is not a subscriber :(

TdM as "ingredients" sounds good. Except I've never liked the artwork - so in this case, I'd more likely use the Thoth Tarot as my preferred "pip deck".

Yes Thoth (and GD Temple) work nicely for me too- used Thoth a few days ago when I needed a splash of colour that I couldn't find in a TdM.