Tarot of the Cloisters

arizonagirl

First of all, let me say that I'm so glad the forum is up and running again. Thank you, Solandia.

I really wanted Tarot of the Cloisters, and found a new deck on e-bay auctions at a great price. They came, and I really like them. They aren't as hard to shuffle as I had imagined.

I still like my Robin Wood deck best, however. AND I also just got Robin Wood's book in the mail late last week. It is really adding a lot to my enjoyment and use of her deck.

arizonagirl

NexyJo - 16 jpgs are on their way to you. Open this e-mail when you've got LOTS of time on your hands.

Well - 1st attempt was a bust. So, I'm breaking up the jpgs into 3 separate e-mails.

Sorry.

nexyjo

thank you soooooo much arizonagirl! i love this deck, and i must have it! lol! i've really come to love the traditional rider-waite imagry, and this deck, while it keeps within it's own unique style, follows the r/w quite closely. i like the way the images are sort of "broken up", kind of like the way we see life, in that most of the time, the pieces don't always fit exactly, so we must "make" them fit so to speak, using our will. i have a really good feeling about this. now, all i have to do is stop eating for a week, and i can afford to buy them :)
thanks again!
luv and light,
nexy

arizonagirl

nexyjo (08 Aug, 2001 09:55):
i like the way the images are sort of "broken up", kind of like the way we see life, in that most of the time, the pieces don't always fit exactly, so we must "make" them fit so to speak, using our will.
----------------------------------------------------------
Insightful interpretation! None of the reviews I've read has even suggested this - now obvious - quality. Thanks for sharing.

nexyjo

i just wanted to add, that after working with this deck for a week, i really find myself connected to it. it speaks to me, as well as the robin wood tarot does, and i find myself attracted to it quite often, as if they call out to me. i am seriously considering starting to use it as my primary deck. i'll also add that it offers a unique perspective on things - some of the meanings differ significantly from the traditional rider-waite. some of the illustrations, while following the rider-waite imagery, also lend a bit of a twist - close enough to be recognizable, but different enough, especially in their subtleties, to inspire an expanded interpretation of many cards.
luv and light,
nexy