tarot of the trance

kfk

I recently purchased this deck just because it makes me smile. Oh the other hand I have no idea of how to read with it. Has anyone succeeded it reading with this deck? If so give me a few jumping off points.Thanks

rwcarter

Unfortunately there's no Study Group for the deck, but that doesn't stop you from starting one. The guidelines for doing so are here.

I have the deck but haven't used it. I just took a quick look through the LWB and see that it doesn't describe the imagery at all and only talks about the interpretations for the cards and gives some exercises. So I would suggest you start with describing what you see and figuring out what that means to you.

Take the Fool for example. What does his shirt of leaves mean to you? How about the multi-colored stockings/jester shoes? Do you make anything of the fact this his hair mirrors his stockings/footwear? He has stars at the end of his plaits. What does that mean? And do those stars mean something different than the stars of a different color that he appears to be releasing from each hand? What is the strange creature behind his left leg? What does the flower on the long cut stem mean to you? And what about the three apples encased in the orbs behind him?

There are no wrong answers.

You might also consider joining the Intuitive Study Group (ISG) exchanges over in the Reading Circles forum. This is the perfect deck for doing intuitive readings with.

HTH,
Rodney

Angie9

I bought the deck several years back but I haven't ever used it for readings. I love the art work but it didn't strike me as much of a deck I could read with. I also have the New Age Tarot by the same artist and don't read that one either. The Tarot of the Trance is such a beautiful deck, hope you enjoy it.

kfk

Thanks rwcarter. I'm not ready for a study group but you helped focus me.I was so in love with the colors and kaliscope quality of the deck that I wasn't looking at the details.If you have anymore ideas please share :>