Tarot Pink

truelighth

Judging by his response to the person who'd rather remain anonymous, Mr. Leong doesn't take criticism well and therefore isn't learning anything from this debacle. I know the fine folks here at Aeclectic have a reputation for being tough (some would say rough), but I can't believe that we're the only ones voicing displeasure over the finished product. And instead of attacking those who backed his project and are voicing opinions about it that he doesn't like, he should be listening and taking notes in case he's ever in charge of another big project like this. Cause those who don't learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them....

That really is a shame indeed. Apart from the review of Benebell Wenn, I have also seen some comments on facebook. Mainly about the art deserving much more space, as it is wonderful.

So it is not just us on AT that feel this way.

gregory

I know we are critical and can be negative on AT, we are tarotistas and demand perfection! :D But I wanted to look at the cards and make my own mind up. I still think it's a fair criticism of the decisions taken on this deck, they were wrong! The calling cards at the bottom was a bad decision, like copyright twice on the backs.

Benebell Wen pointed out two important things in the review on her blog. One is that the majors are not numbered which is going to be a pain for tarot beginners and if you were to gift the deck to someone.

That is one huge strength. I LOVE them that way - you can choose 8/11 positions.

It's a good collection of cards for a good cause, it could have been even better with proper direction of the project! I am glad to have backed it now! It would look better with the bottoms cut off ;) I think I would even recommend this deck but it could have been better!

This EXACTLY.

By the way - I would NOT give my details to ANYONE who asked in an email. But if your deck has been sent - why would they need them anyway ?

Good news about customs :)

rwcarter

My decks arrived today. The text block is ugly and a distraction from the art (although it doesn't overpower it). It, along with the gray borders will go bye bye, especially since my Magician has a much lighter gray border then the rest of the cards in the deck.

I thought someone had said that the cards won't fit in the bag. Mine fit in that the top of the cards is in line with the top of the bag. So the cards can go in, but the bag can't be closed. Even a little bit.

I haven't read the LWB, but saw a number of typos in the unnecessary text blocks.

SUCH a wasted opportunity....

earthair

By the way - I would NOT give my details to ANYONE who asked in an email. But if your deck has been sent - why would they need them anyway ?

To log in and track the item. A common phish which in this case was actually not. :joke:

earthair

I've changed my mind about trimming this one, because it turns out that one card is the deal breaker which stops me reading with it. Although I totally understand and applaud the art of the Transition card, it's just too specific to BC and specifically the body-toxic way in which this, and many cancers are commonly treated.

truelighth

So I finally received my copy of the Tarot Pink. First of all, let me say: the Art is gorgeous!!! :thumbsup:

BUT... what a miss with the layout! Seriously, those grey borders with pink really don't do the art justice. It is a major turn-off for a otherwise great deck.

The text boxes, those are the worst. When I went throught the deck, looking at every card, I look at the art and immediately my eyes are drawn to those text box. Which spoil the total experience for me. I had to actually cover up the text box while looking at each card to really get a good feel of the card and the overall experience. For one as detail orientated as me, those text boxes are a total deal-breaker for me :mad:.

I normally don't do borderectomies. Being a collector, I want to preserve the decks the way they are. But for this one, I think I will make an exception. Otherwise I will never be able to enjoy it. Which would be such a shame, as the art is truly wonderful!

Oh yeah, and the bag. What is the deal with that? LOL. Why even spend money on sending along a bag that is way too small. Oh well.

So I have two emotions going on right now, I am thoroughly delighted with the wonderful art and interpretations of the cards :), and I am thoroughly disappointed and annoyed with the layout :mad:. How to ruin a good deck.

I really hope they will reprint a version without the text boxes and with different borders. It so deserves it!

rachelcat

So, uh, this happened. So now I have to decide if I want to get another deck and trim it properly (like the Ten of Swords) . . .

Attachments

• Pink trimming 3.jpg
    Pink trimming 3.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 280

rwcarter

So, uh, this happened. So now I have to decide if I want to get another deck and trim it properly (like the Ten of Swords) . . .
Did your scissors warp? I still think it looks better than it originally did though. :p

gregory

Oops... :bugeyed:

That is actually kind of impressive...

earthair

On the bright side it might fit in the bag now :thumbsup: