Tarot Pink

gregory

Yeah, I want a copy and would back it now, but flexible funding makes me very nervous; I've lost money on those before.

Nowadays when I see a flexible funding campaign I wait until it the project is very near its goal before I become a backer.

This does look like a worthwhile project and an impressive deck with some great artists, though.
I avoid backing on indiegogo for that reason. But like - someone else here - at least I am giving to a good cause.

If backers carry on at the current level they JUST won't make it. But only just not.

rwcarter

Yeah, I want a copy and would back it now, but flexible funding makes me very nervous; I've lost money on those before.

Nowadays when I see a flexible funding campaign I wait until it the project is very near its goal before I become a backer.

This does look like a worthwhile project and an impressive deck with some great artists, though.
I'm with Annabelle here. I backed an Indegogo campaign last year that I guess was flexibly funded. Campaign succeeded and decks were supposed to be mailed out Sept 2014. No deck, no updates from the artist, and Indegogo didn't do anything other than give me the artist's direct email address to contact her. Three contact attempts (once through the campaign page and twice through direct email) without a response. Now whenever Indegogo sends me a questionnaire, I give the whole service model a thumbs down. (And, yes, gregory. I know.)

I backed Robert Place's campaign because it was from a known quantity with a reputation to maintain. While there are a number of known quantities involved with this deck, I think I'll be waiting until closer to the end of the campaign to fund it if it looks like it's going to make it.

Rodney

gregory

I'm with Annabelle here. I backed an Indegogo campaign last year that I guess was flexibly funded. Campaign succeeded and decks were supposed to be mailed out Sept 2014. No deck, no updates from the artist, and Indegogo didn't do anything other than give me the artist's direct email address to contact her. Three contact attempts (once through the campaign page and twice through direct email) without a response. Now whenever Indegogo sends me a questionnaire, I give the whole service model a thumbs down. (And, yes, gregory. I know.)

I backed Robert Place's campaign because it was from a known quantity with a reputation to maintain. While there are a number of known quantities involved with this deck, I think I'll be waiting until closer to the end of the campaign to fund it if it looks like it's going to make it.

Rodney
Yes Rodney. I know too. I have backed this one because at least the artists are so stellar I think it should be OK. I have never actually been bitten by one, as I hate the model so much I - but I avoid indiegogo as a rule, on principle. I have backed exactly one other - created by a member here - which is apparently mailing as we speak. (As I recall she actually said she wished she had gone kickstarter !) Kickstarter is much better managed - and even there we all know about that one that fell over badly.

And I tell them what a crap model it is, too - that they should only allow fixed funding with payment at the end if it makes the goal. But - as they don't listen, I don't go there. This one, however - well... there are people I know opersonally in that list of artists !

reall - postage is only included in the US. Be careful ! Just it never asked me for more than the pledge cost ! So I didn't exactly volunteer.

reall

@gregory tnx4all info!^^ ;)))
I was sure it included international shiping for that option to pledge 45$? it would be ok that way, I've seen worse shipping invoice!^^ lolz ;))
and this is beautiful art collection deck/I have a feeling it could be used for all kind of healing work?:))
and im looking forward to read that book!^^ :)))

my only dillema is to back up option for 1 or 2decks? lolz ;))

desertrat

I have backed this one because at least the artists are so stellar I think it should be OK.

This was part of my logic, also, for backing Tarot Pink.

I also got screwed by the Indegogo campaign that Rodney mentioned. :mad:

gregory

This was part of my logic, also, for backing Tarot Pink.

I also got screwed by the Indegogo campaign that Rodney mentioned. :mad:
Psst which one was it ?

donnalee

I saw this deck and the man who is behind it at Readers Studio 2015 this weekend and prepaid him for a printed version of the deck. I thought the project worthwhile and him sincere, and have been getting to know manymany of the folks involved. I vote yes!

gregory

Funding isn't going as well as it deserves - do tell all your friends :( It looks as though it would be a wonderful deck, and I WANT it !

rachelcat

I backed. And I'll send the link to the Capital Tarot Society when I send out the next meeting reminder. I'm a bit supporter of tarot-related charity! AND the deck looks pretty cool . . .