Tarot Plain and Simple - For Any Deck?

sunflowr

I recently purchased "Tarot Plain and Simple", and it's a great book! But I don't always use a totally traditional tarot deck. For example, right now I'm using Phantasmagoric Theatre Tarot. Can the book still be applied to the deck? The deck doesnt veer that far off the path so I guess it could. Just wanted to know what you think about applying that book to decks other than totally traditional ones.

magpie9

Since "Tarot Plain and Simple" consistantly urges the student to use their intuition and be open to impulse, it should work fine with almost any deck.

Phantom Goddess

I LOVE this book. I use it with all my decks. Not just the RWS. :)

Emily

Tarot Plain and Simple was the first tarot book I purchased that gave me a real taste of what tarot cards could be used for - it also gave me a love of keywords, which does remain with me to this day. I still use it for reference.

Its illustrated with the Robin Wood but I too think it could be used with any deck. :)

Phantom Goddess

I use this book with "Power Tarot" they are a good match. :)

CelticGirl

I saw this book at the book store the other day and decided that it will go onto my wishlist! The Robin Wood deck is my all time favorite, so it will be nice to have this book to go along with it. (Although the actual Robin Wood book is first on my wishlist). :)

sunflowr

Thanks for all the replies! It's a great book!

Can it also be used, at least to a certain extent, with decks based on Thoth? Like the Thoth deck, Rohrig (my favorite deck)?