Tarot Shadow work by Christine Jette

catlin

Hi,

Does anybody know the above mentioned book? Any comments about it?

Thanks.

Kiama

I have this book, and I LOVE it!

Instead of focussing on the usual interpretations of each Major Arcana, it uses the Jungian concept of your Shadow Self from each card, and interprets using that. They are called Shadow Gifts if I remember correctly. I like the new twist it adds basically.

Kiama

truthsayer

i just bought this book yesterday. i have her other book,too which i like.(title??????) i'll let you know what i think of shadow work. even the name sounds intriguing. i think one of the things that drew me to her work is that she used tarot to help her recover from severe job burn out in the nursing field. her books are a reflection of her personal journey to recovery. i'm recovering from severe job burn out from being a counselor and going into nursing. i think she went into counseling. :D just the irony of our mutual job changes is enough to intrigue me! :cool: so i figure she prob has some good coping strategies in the books i can learn from. books where ppl have walked the path they write about instead of an intellectual study are often the best.

catlin

Hi, friends,

Thanks for your comments! Guess what is no next on my wish list?!

truthsayer

shadow work seems to focus on jungian psychology and the major arcana. her other book--tarot for the healing heart :using inner wisdom to heal body and mind--goes into illness and health. the major and minor arcana are used. she has a most original idea as to interpreting court cards: knights are therapists/counselors, queens are healers and kings are physician/advisors. just a suggestion, catlin but w/ the medical probs you've had over the past monthes tarot for the healing heart might be where you are really at. tarot shadow work is more jungian/psychological than medical but both are excellent and you won't be sorry for either purchase.

catlin

Hi truth,

Special thanks for your recommendation! My wish list is growing longer and longer, but I think I will order the books in January.