Tarot spells

earthshine

Has any of you tried casting spells using your cards? I own only one deck (I'm new at this), and I can't do any readings currently for my friends because I used four cards in a spell.

I don't know if the spell is working though. There's a person harassing me online. This person was far away (abroad), and I cast a binding spell. I got the Devil card and my nine of swords and eight of swords, wrapped them in black silk, and intended that the person be bound from harming me. I decided I will only break the spell when the person has apologized.

Now the person is texting me and saying they want to meet up. I don't want to meet the person. But they say it's for peace offering.

I'm not sure what to do, whether the spell is working, or I should keep away and keep the cards still bound.

DDwarks

Go meet up and see what it's all about.
You casted to spell with the intention to let it go when the person had apologised.
Well now, they say they want to meet up to apologise!
Go and see if it's true.
If it's true, you get your cards back!
If not, keep things as they are.
The important thing is to keep the cards as they are until you have met up and got your apology.
Good luck x

OnOrionsBelt

Has any of you tried casting spells using your cards? I own only one deck (I'm new at this), and I can't do any readings currently for my friends because I used four cards in a spell.

I don't know if the spell is working though. There's a person harassing me online. This person was far away (abroad), and I cast a binding spell. I got the Devil card and my nine of swords and eight of swords, wrapped them in black silk, and intended that the person be bound from harming me. I decided I will only break the spell when the person has apologized.

Now the person is texting me and saying they want to meet up. I don't want to meet the person. But they say it's for peace offering.

I'm not sure what to do, whether the spell is working, or I should keep away and keep the cards still bound.

Could you identify exactly where you found this particular spell? I'd like to look more into tarot spells.

Apollonia

To me, in a Tarot spell the cards make up a sequence, like a sentence or a statement of intent. I'm curious as to where you found this particular spell, because it seems like an incomplete combination if your ultimate intention was to get this person to apologize.

In any case, if I were doing a binding spell and the person came back and contacted me, I would retrieve my cards, as that spell is either completed or it didn't work. And then I would use my cards to do a reading on what their intentions are and if I should meet up with them. (And for sure of course meet up with them in a pubic place with lots of other people around.)

earthshine

Thank you for your thoughts.

Here's the complete spell. I lit a black candle and waited for it to melt. I put the Ace of Pentacles to the North, Ace of Swords to the East, Ace of Wands to the South, Ace of Cups to the West. I called the Four Corners.

Then I wrote my spell on a piece of paper. I got the Devil card and put the piece of paper under it. I got the Nine of Swords and put it on top, and the Eight of Swords and put it beneath, and I wound the black silk around these cards. Then I tacked them to the bottom of my desk (so no one can find them).

Then I lit another black candle and let it melt away.

I did not get this spell from any book. I made it up. Maybe that's why it's weak?

OnOrionsBelt

Thank you for your thoughts.

Here's the complete spell. I lit a black candle and waited for it to melt. I put the Ace of Pentacles to the North, Ace of Swords to the East, Ace of Wands to the South, Ace of Cups to the West. I called the Four Corners.

Then I wrote my spell on a piece of paper. I got the Devil card and put the piece of paper under it. I got the Nine of Swords and put it on top, and the Eight of Swords and put it beneath, and I wound the black silk around these cards. Then I tacked them to the bottom of my desk (so no one can find them).

Then I lit another black candle and let it melt away.

I did not get this spell from any book. I made it up. Maybe that's why it's weak?

That's amazing that you created this spell. Thank you so much for sharing the full instructions. I do not know about spells but for my tarot it's always what ever I had in mind. For instance I can't drastically change the question after I've pulled the cards. So, what were the rules you had in mind? How did you foresee yourself proceeding once/if this person contacted you? Are you to ignore them until they clearly state the meeting is an apology?

The spell does not seem weak to me. It's as strong as you've believed in it and I think stronger since you made it especially for this matter.

Also, I have used cards for other purposes and still used my incomplete deck. You can still be guided. The card you need to convey the idea you need to hear will come forward. So, perhaps don't eliminate that option.

earthshine

That's amazing that you created this spell. Thank you so much for sharing the full instructions. I do not know about spells but for my tarot it's always what ever I had in mind. For instance I can't drastically change the question after I've pulled the cards. So, what were the rules you had in mind? How did you foresee yourself proceeding once/if this person contacted you? Are you to ignore them until they clearly state the meeting is an apology?

The spell does not seem weak to me. It's as strong as you've believed in it and I think stronger since you made it especially for this matter.

Also, I have used cards for other purposes and still used my incomplete deck. You can still be guided. The card you need to convey the idea you need to hear will come forward. So, perhaps don't eliminate that option.
Thank you for your comforting and enlightening words. So maybe the spell is working. Part of the spell I wrote was that the person will feel bound by day (eight of swords) and sleepless at night (nine of swords) until he apologizes. The situation involves money, and I did say that if the person offers to pay back then I know the apology is sincere.

The person's text messages were: Let's meet. I'll buy you anything you want as a peace offering. Let's start over.

I replied: Maybe it's better if you don't buy me any thing, instead give me time to pay you back any money I owe you, and then save this friendship by not involving you in my money issues any more.

But it seems the person is insisting to buy me stuff.

I'll update you, friends, on developments.

schizandra

I think that a spell that you created yourself based on your own magickal logic is a better bet than one that you copied out of some spell book. Not to say that spells from books can't be effective, but I think it's about how much you resonate with it.

Should you decide to cast any more Tarot spells in the future, I would suggest sigilizing the cards that you used (a la the AO Spare method, but using Tarot symbols instead of letters) and drawing a physical representation of the binding intention. Again, no set rules to doing this; just do what works for your sense of visual aesthetic and magickal logic. At least this way your physical cards remain available for you to consult, for example in regards to the progress of the spell or what the person's intentions are.

Let us know what you decide, and be safe!

earthshine

schizandra, thank you! I don't know what "sigilizing the cards that you used (a la the AO Spare method...)" is. Where can I find out?

Edit: I'm reading an article online about it now. Thanks again.

schizandra

You're welcome!

Hint: try googling "tarot shorthand" for some inspiration on simple Tarot symbols that can be incorporated into a sigilized Tarot spell. ;)