Tarot & Tao (I Ching?)

Cerulean

"Magical Tarot, Mystical Tao" by Diane Morgan.
Paperback: 240 pages
Publisher: Griffin Trade Paperback; ; 1st edition (March 2003)
ISBN: 0312312210

I just got it, and am still browsing. It almost seems like the I-Ching is followed, as the order of the cards and meditations do not follow the standard Tarot majors from one through 22, then minors/courts kind of discussion that I usually see in tarot books. It's doing a good job at first bite of mystifying me. But it seems well-thought out, in my looksee, in the meditations...
Does anyone with the Feng Shui by the Connallys or Chinese Tarot from U.S. Games find correspondences to the I-Ching? The book might be great with I-Ching references...
Lots of new books out. Opheil posted this in a group of books coming out from Amazon.com's list.
Mari H.

Lee

Hi Mari, I'm curious about this one... does it focus on a specific deck, or on RWS-type decks in general, or on Majors only, or on Marseilles decks?

The Quest Tarot and the Haindl Tarot have I Ching symbols on the cards, I'm not aware of any other Tarot decks that do.

-- Lee

Cerulean

This book has black and white illustrations of the Rider-Waite-Smith deck. Some of the commentary is tightly tied to a specific court---the queen with the black cat, the standing page with an upraised sword, etc. I found a index in front near the table of contents that suggests the keyword energy of the hexagram and the tarot card discussed. All 78 cards are listed. The suggested categories of meanings for each card is quite extensive--at first glance.
At the moment, I would pair it with my 1971 Rider Waite Smith or close Rider Waite Smith workalike--Universal Tarot by DeAngeles for instance---as I learn with the book.
Take care.
Mari H.