Telling time in Tarot?

alice_addams

I'm no clock jockey, so 'when' questions have rarely (if ever) occurred to me to ask during a reading. Now, though, I'm waiting for my Bosch Tarot and was absently wondering when it would arrive.

How do you folks out there approach time-related questions? Do you interpret based on the pip number (as in days, months, etc)? I guess this is an open-ended question. I would like to hear all perspectives on this!

rwcarter

Hi alice_addams,

I don't remember if I've welcomed you to Aeclectic, so welcome! (And if I have already welcomed you, then welcome again!)

There are a number of existing threads on telling time with the tarot indexed near the middle of the third post in the Table of Contents - All About Reading sticky Note at the top of the Using Tarot Cards forum.

I don't really use timing, but if I did I would stick with the Golden Dawn astrological associations of the cards. The only drawback to that is that the Aces and Pages/Knaves/Princesses aren't covered under that system.

Rodney

celticnoodle

As was already pointed out by RWCarter, there are some threads here on AT about timing. I've tried a few different ways myself, and right now the one way I am using (and it seems so far to be fairly good with the timing questions)--is to gather all the cards up after the reading, and shuffle them well. then, begin to turn over the cards one at a time until you come to an ace. the aces will tell you what season the event will occur--and then turn over the cards again until you get a card from two through to the kings. this will tell you what week the event will occur. majors are not used in this timing way--but you don't have to remove them from your deck when trying to answer the timing question.

the best thing for you to do, is to experiment with different ways and then decide which one you like the best. :)

alice_addams

Thanks celticnoodle, I am going to use your method for this one! And thank you, Rodney, for the welcome & for mentioning astrological associations. That's something that honestly hadn't occurred to me. :) My eyes popped when I saw the table of contents; I think that just answered my next 5 questions as well, hehe!