The Book of the Law Study Group 2.2

Aeon418

The complement of the infinitely large must be the infinitely small. Every point-centre within Nuit is Hadit. They are both infinite and cannot exist apart. One implies the other, for an infinite circle/sphere has an infite number of centres.

Nuit has already been identified with Heaven, so Hadit must be the complementary Hell - Hades the Hidden place. Hadit is the god hidden within Nu.

Where the first chapter mentioned the Fool and Aleph a lot, this chapter seems to focus of Mercury - Beth. Right at the start Hadit states that Khabs is the name of his House.

Khabs is Star, which is Kokab(KUKB) - Mercury - Beth - House. But he is none of these himself. He is merely transmitted through them. Kether to Binah - the Magus.

Aeon418

Mercury the Psychopomp

Death is a big theme in this chapter. It is mentioned twice in chapter 1, and only once in chapter 3. But it gets a whopping fourteen in chapter 2.

That might be a clue to read the chapter on Atu XIII Death, in the Book of Thoth. ;)

Always Wondering

"I am not extended."

Ugh. In spite of all our discussions and all my reading, it is still so hard to think in any terms but extension. If Nuit has more than one point center, if we are all the point center of Nuit, and we are the off spring of our ancestors, then aren't we extensions?

I am having a 0=2 crisis. :(

AW

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
I am having a 0=2 crisis. :(

I'm having a mid life crisis, I think we should compare notes :laugh: (OMG I just referred to myself as middle age.... holy ****!!! :bugeyed: My crisis just deepened)

Thinking a bit about this, Khabs is in the Khu, but Hadit is in the Khabs. Its kind of like pointing a camera at a TV that is displaying what the camera sees. Windows, inside windows, inside windows, inside windows forever... In this case Hadit inside Khabs, inside Khu, inside (?) people, inside..... (perhaps families, or lines of ancestry AW *shrugs* )

No wonder Hadit is described as the one that "Goes". Just as well or you'd never catch him ;)

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
If Nuit has more than one point center, if we are all the point center of Nuit, and we are the off spring of our ancestors, then aren't we extensions?
You, AW, are an extension outward into Nuit, but the Hadit within you is not extended. Hadit is the impersonal point of view at the core of your being.

From the Gnostic Mass:
Thou who art I, beyond all I am,
Who hast no nature and no name,
Who art, when all but thou are gone,
Thou, centre and secret of the Sun,
Thou, hidden spring of all things known
And unknown, Thou aloof, alone,
Thou, the true fire within the reed
Brooding and breeding, source and seed
Of life, love, liberty, and light,
Thou beyond speech and beyond sight,
Thee I invoke, my faint fresh fire
Kindling as mine intents aspire.
Thee I invoke, abiding one,
Thee, centre and secret of the Sun,
And that most holy mystery
Of which the vehicle am I.

Always Wondering

Ohhhhhhhhh.

:lightbulb

The Hermit.

LVX

:|

AW

Always Wondering

similia said:
I'm having a mid life crisis, I think we should compare notes :laugh: (OMG I just referred to myself as middle age.... holy ****!!! :bugeyed: My crisis just deepened)
:laugh:

Whew. I needed this laugh, Similia.
Thanks.

similia said:
Thinking a bit about this, Khabs is in the Khu, but Hadit is in the Khabs. Its kind of like pointing a camera at a TV that is displaying what the camera sees. Windows, inside windows, inside windows, inside windows forever... In this case Hadit inside Khabs, inside Khu, inside (?) people, inside..... (perhaps families, or lines of ancestry AW *shrugs* )

No wonder Hadit is described as the one that "Goes". Just as well or you'd never catch him ;)

I was thinking mirrors but windows seem very appropriate.

AW

Lore347

Yea, this verse pretty much sums up the dilemma of 'knowing' Deity.

Our Khu is in us.
Our Khabs is in our Khu
Hadit is in our Khabs.
Nuit is' just over the horizon', equidistant in all directions from Hadit.
And you really, really need to see her. NOW.

This is the stuff of pure romance IMO :)