The Booty Babes

Satori

bodhran said:
Just to give you more things to puzzle about: })

Knights never move in a straight line, and they have four different ways they can move - a bit impulsive and NEVER predictable. Sometimes they can be fun and sometimes they can be a pain. Impossible to control.

Have you ever watched a dolphin swim? They can stay under the water (immersed in emotion!) for a while, but eventually they have to come up for air. They are friendly, social and vocal.

The pawn is very limited in its moves. The only time it can move more than one space is the first move it makes. Limits, boundaries, restriction...

The water bird waits with amazing stillness for the water to clear before making a move (catching a fish). It can be very patient.

So did I muddy the water even more? LOL :D
My daughter had told me about the movements of the chess pieces, and so in this instance, in the reading, it seemed that the pawn was sneaking up on the knight.

I'm not sneaky....and I never thought my husband was either. So in all honesty I don't think it means sneaky, but that did pass through my mind. I am patiently looking for a job!

What I thought about afterwards was that there are four directions. So I was trying to decide what the directions were all about.

I have a favorite 4 Directions spread I use in Tarot and I've been modifying it for the Junk Oracle. I am working on some spreads for the oracle in fact, with an eye toward REader's Studio 2012. And some of the new ideas I'm coming up with for the system are very exciting and some involve using quadrants for the landing of the random throw.

And of course some ideas for the Mandala readings. And beyond that I cannot say because I'm really coming up with some ways to take the system to another level. :)

KMilliron

GryffinSong said:
Nice job they did!!! I was pretty freaked out at first. :\
Haha. I've had experience with mice, training, and a bit of experience in image manipulation. I wasn't worried. Aad, but not worried. :D

BodhiSeed

Satori said:
My daughter had told me about the movements of the chess pieces, and so in this instance, in the reading, it seemed that the pawn was sneaking up on the knight.

I'm not sneaky....and I never thought my husband was either. So in all honesty I don't think it means sneaky, but that did pass through my mind. I am patiently looking for a job!

What I thought about afterwards was that there are four directions. So I was trying to decide what the directions were all about.

I have a favorite 4 Directions spread I use in Tarot and I've been modifying it for the Junk Oracle. I am working on some spreads for the oracle in fact, with an eye toward REader's Studio 2012. And some of the new ideas I'm coming up with for the system are very exciting and some involve using quadrants for the landing of the random throw.

And of course some ideas for the Mandala readings. And beyond that I cannot say because I'm really coming up with some ways to take the system to another level. :)
No, I don't see either as being sneaky either. But what if the whole spread is about one person? A part of that person feels restricted, limited. Another part of that person wants to have the freedom to make more moves...
The Four Directions spread sounds wonderful! And I think the junk oracle would be great for something like that. And I already loved the mandala idea for readings... You have a deep well full of good ideas sister.:heart:

Satori

If you notice, I don't read well for myself! That is the reality here.

I have no problems with others, but I don't usually read for myself. I actually only use the Oracle X for myself, and one tarot deck, but usually, I let the professionals read for me! :)

BodhiSeed

Satori said:
If you notice, I don't read well for myself! That is the reality here.

I have no problems with others, but I don't usually read for myself. I actually only use the Oracle X for myself, and one tarot deck, but usually, I let the professionals read for me! :)
Well you can dang sure read well for others!:heart: The reading you did for me was spot on. I don't think anyone REALLY reads well for themselves, unless you've hog-tied your ego and thrown it in the basement. It is just too hard to be objective. But we can get glimpses every now and then... :D
Hope your day goes well my friend...

KMilliron

bodhran said:
Well you can dang sure read well for others!:heart: The reading you did for me was spot on. I don't think anyone REALLY reads well for themselves, unless you've hog-tied your ego and thrown it in the basement. It is just too hard to be objective. But we can get glimpses every now and then... :D
Hope your day goes well my friend...
I read for myself all the time, and I'm an Aries. But then again I have a bad habit of being able to cut off emotions and be completely objective to things :D

BodhiSeed

KMilliron said:
I read for myself all the time, and I'm an Aries. But then again I have a bad habit of being able to cut off emotions and be completely objective to things :D
For those who can detach well, I think it is possible for them to read well for themselves.:) But detaching takes some mastery...

GryffinSong

KMilliron said:
I read for myself all the time...

Me too. I'm a Taurus, if that's relevant. I took a little online test recently and it said that I had a very high level of self awareness. And we all know that these little online tests are the be-all and end-all of truth!!! LOL

I think a part of it is why we got into tarot in the first place. I bought my first deck (and my tenth, twentieth and thirtieth) for the express purposes of introspection. For decades I've used tarot as a way to confront fears, heal wounds, explore possibilities, and other inner work. It takes practice and intention. Since I really don't have that much interest or belief in the usefulness of divination per se, I'm not good at it. If someone wants me to read on whether their beloved has had an afair ... don't ask me, I have no clue. If that same someone wants me to read on how to explore their concerns, and how to deal with their fears around it, or how to face their beloved in order to find out, I'm up for it. :)

KMilliron

I prefer introspection too :D I introspect a lot without cards or oracles. Never took an online personality test but a palm reader did notice that I step back often in order to look at things as though they were happening to somebody else rather than me. She was an intense palm reader, way accurate.

GryffinSong

KMilliron said:
...I introspect a lot without cards or oracles...

Ditto. Cards are just one of many tools available for introspection. :)