The Compass Rose Spread

Dragon's Girl

I created this spread for times I feel without a path or aim.

***********2c7*************
***4c9**1**6c11**12**5c10***
***********3c8*************

[c's represent crosses ex:2c7 is 2 crossed by 7]

1 where you are now
2 North/Coins - where you'll end up should you pursue a more financially sound, successful path
3 South/Wands - where you'll end up should you pursue a more self-sufficient, adventurous path
4 West/Cups - where you'll end up should you pursue a more emotionally sound, loving path
5 East/Swords - where you'll end up should you pursue a more learned, commanding path
6 Internal/Soul - where you'll end up should you pursue a more spiritual, enlightened path
7 what you'll gain/lose going North
8 what you'll gain/lose going South
9 what you'll gain/lose going West
10 what you'll gain/lose going East
11 what you'll gain/lose going Internal
12 the path you cannot reach from where you are now or cannot return to

Let me know what you think.

~Dragon's Girl~

Brock Johnson

I saw your lonely spread without a reply so I decided to take a look at it. I think this is a rather interesting spread. Personally, I would arrange it a little differently for practical purposes. Although I have seen some pretty dynamic spread designs!

I like this. I have seen spreads like this before but without the modifiers on each 'direction'.

I'll have to keep this in my book of spreads

Brock

Manyguides

I find your spread very interesting. I do cards readings for a living and alot of people are interested in finding their direction and I am going to give this spread a try to see if it would help them.

Dragon's Girl

Manyguides,

Thank you.
I'm eager to hear how it goes.

~Dragon's Girl~

tabi

I was wondering if you break the deck down into suits or do you just lay out the cards reading them as they fall?

Dragon's Girl

Tabi,

I just read the cards as they fall. Personally, I think it's interesting to see how certain suits relate to the direction they turn up under. For example, on the East/Air end, I often turn cards from the major arcana. This to me seems to say that though I may try to take control of my own life and rationalize everything, there will always be a higher, unexplainable force influencing me throughout my travels.

~Dragon's Girl~

tabi

Great thank you! i personally hate having to go through the deck and separating it into suits. i'm not sure but i feel like it is "cheating" for some reason. maybe i'm too much of a newbie. *shrugging* I'm going to try doing this one today though :) looks like something i need right now.

:D I had to tell you Dragon's Girl, I did this spread for myself this morning. It was great! Definitetly gives you a focus point as to which direction to go in, and I noticed that letting the cards fall as they will makes it an easier reading believe it or not! THANKS!!! :D

EnglishRose

I like the look of this spread, very interesting.
Thanks for posting,
Sophie

ArwenNightstar

Dragon's Girl said:
I created this spread for times I feel without a path or aim.

Have you read the book The Compass Rose by Gail Dayton? This is a lovely spread. I am going to add it to my Tarot Journal for use.