The Contemplative Virtues (numerologically, that is...)

firecatpickles

I have come across an interesting correlation between the reduction of the Contemplative Virtues in the Minchiate and Hebrew numerology.

This is one of those things that is just too perfect to be coincidence. Let me know what you think.

If you take the Hebrew word for the Virtues in the Minchiate, in the order that they occur in the Minchiate, and reduce it numerologically based on the Hebrew numerological system, a pattern emerges.

Tikvah = Hope
Sekel = Wisdom
Emmet = Truth (i.e, "Faith")
Tzedakah = Righteousness (i.e., "Charity")

The Scripture notations are the first instance of this particular vocabulary in the Old Testament.

Hebrew word |... Numerological equivalent | Reduced | Expanded | Minchiate card | .....Scripture

[size=+1]תקוה [/size][col........]400 + 100 + 6 + 5 = 511[col] = 7 [col]= 1 + 6 [col]= 16. Hope [col.....]Ruth 1:12
[size=+1]שכל [/size][col...........]300 + 20 + 30 = 350 [col....]= 8 [col]= 1 + 7 [col]= 17. Wisdom [col]Proverbs 1:1
[size=+1]אמת [/size][col............] 1 + 40 + 400 = 441 [col...]= 9 [col]= 1 + 8 [col]= 18. Faith [col..]Genesis 42:16
[size=+1]צדקה [/size][col........] 90 + 4 + 100 + 5 = 199 [col]= 10[col]= 1 + 9 [col]= 19. Charity [col]Genesis 15:6

firecatpickles

For those unfamiliar with the Hebrew numerological system, please see the attachment.

Attachments

• Hebrew Numerology.bmp
    284.1 KB · Views: 138