The Devil reversed & 5 of Swords love

druidess

I met someone new this week and felt a intensely strong connection with them. However, I was working underneath them and they happen to be unavailable. I was still curious to see if they felt this same connection.

When I first asked if there was a sexual attraction/connection between us I got The Chariot. This confused me slightly. I clarified by asking what their feelings were for me, the Eight of Swords popped out. I read where someone said maybe a better question would be to ask "Why are they censoring their feelings?" Since the Eight of Wands seems to indicate feeling disconnected or in denial. This is where the Devil reversed and the 5 of Swords flew out. To me I see this as again being in denial about ones feelings but possibly because he's already committed to someone else (5 of Swords).

I don't know if this answered my question exactly. Which was just to see if he had felt that same initial attraction. I figured this wouldn't go anywhere considering the circumstances...
I guess I feel the denial is coming up as he did, but his professionalism and morals are blocking it.

dancing_moon

Hi druidess,

I see the Chariot as a strong but challenging connection. Not so much sexual as it is conflicted, especially given 5 of Swords and Devil Rx below. There could be a strong mismatch of energies between you two, the kind of 'opposite polarity' dynamics that tends to stir up not so pleasant qualities in both parties. 8 of Swords as his feelings for you could mean that he's blocking these feelings due to the professional setting and/or being already committed, and it could also mean that this man isn't particularly emotionally aware in general.

To answer the original question: yes, he did, but although he seems to have felt that strong connection, it wasn't sexual or pleasant for him, but rather challenging/competitive.

Hope this helps.

druidess

Hi druidess,

I see the Chariot as a strong but challenging connection. Not so much sexual as it is conflicted, especially given 5 of Swords and Devil Rx below. There could be a strong mismatch of energies between you two, the kind of 'opposite polarity' dynamics that tends to stir up not so pleasant qualities in both parties. 8 of Swords as his feelings for you could mean that he's blocking these feelings due to the professional setting and/or being already committed, and it could also mean that this man isn't particularly emotionally aware in general.

To answer the original question: yes, he did, but although he seems to have felt that strong connection, it wasn't sexual or pleasant for him, but rather challenging/competitive.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your response!
So maybe he could sense how I felt personally, but he himself wasn't feeling an attraction at all. Or he was attracted to me but is good at controlling his feelings...

SweetSiren

For me, the chariot represents someone who really wants something and may be moving too fast to understand the people around them. I read this as you desiring him a lot and perhaps coming on too strong. Your desire may be all that you see. There is also a lot of forward movement with this card. The same energy that might be a bit much in a relationship is the kind that people tap into for forward movement and drive. (I'm having a chariot phase right now. I have a lot going on and I'm just pushing through with all the momentum I can muster!) so I see it as "trying to get somewhere" as well. The chariot is focused on its destination and nothing else. That's what gets us what we want, but sometimes with this energy we miss out on some precious things. So you may be experiencing some tunnel vision with this person, wanting to hurry up and be with them instead of smelling the rises.