The Favole as a reading deck

Myrrha

I am wondering what this deck is like to read with. It won't be interesting if people just reply "It reads great!" or "Lovely art but can't read with it". I'm hoping for more specific responses.

I'm curious about the tone of the readings done with this deck, do the readings feel melancholy? Do you get in-depth information, more than you would with a RWS type deck? Do you use typical RWS-type meanings with the Favole or do you let the imagery color the meanning? Pip cards are usually read with assigned meanings or with number plus suit, but for this deck do you let the beautiful and unusual suit symbols color the meaning of the cards? Any other details or examples would also be interesting.

lilangel09

Hmm.. I've only been reading with the Favole for a couple months. It did take time to adjust on reading/decide how to read the suits.

The best way I could describe it is that it is a character-driven deck with non-scenic pips.
The tone of the readings are not necessarily melancholy, although it certainly has the potential.

Because it *is* non-scenic and character-driven (at least I think it is), I find that it does not mince words and is quite straight to the point. Great for a reader who does not like to do most of the talking. Also great for practicing, "How do I say this to the sitter?" because you're not flooded with information. It reads like a non-scenic pip deck rather than a RWS.

It's kind of hard to say how I read with it. I look at the picture and it might remind me of a numerological association, the picture might look like/remind me of something, or it might remind me of a rws meaning.

All I can say, is it's pretty refreshing to use something outside the box. Helped me use what was in-front of me rather than what I knew about the meanings.

Myrrha

That sounds interesting. I hadn't thought of it as character driven but I can see how that would be the case. It sounds like you have a flexible reading style that can work with no a lot of input and the decks works with this. Hmmmm. Still on the fence about this one!