The Fool's Tarot

kayne

Wow - interesting deck FoolOfChaos. :) I am interested to know why you chose Chaos for the traditional Emperor? I like how you have used the Fool image as 'Juggler' for the World too, it reinforces the cyclical nature of the Major Arcana.

Have you used your deck for readings?

Welcome to Aeclectic and thanks for sharing your deck. :D

rota

I like this very much! Graphic and clear.

TheFoolofChaos

Chaos as Emperor.

kayne said:
Wow - interesting deck FoolOfChaos. :) I am interested to know why you chose Chaos for the traditional Emperor? I like how you have used the Fool image as 'Juggler' for the World too, it reinforces the cyclical nature of the Major Arcana.

Have you used your deck for readings?

Welcome to Aeclectic and thanks for sharing your deck. :D

It is just part of this Fool's paradigm. Chaos/Babalon, Chaos for The Fool, is the underlining force ruling the Universe. Sort of like the Tao, an undiscribable non-local information source. Traditional decks view this as law and order, but The Fool sees it as Chaos. Babalon is the bride of Chaos, representing the urge of creation, multiplication and the desire for union with the All.

The Juggler is actually a second Magus card, representing the Fool after heshe has travelled from the Universe back up to the Magus (21 to 1) through the deck. The Juggler understands "The one is in the many.", and "The many are in the one.". The Magus represents the All's first position in the process of creating the Universe (1 to 21).

But this is just my present paradigm and The Fool does not claim to be an expert of anything. smile

The Fool knows Nothing!

In Chaos

The Fool

p.s. The Fool has not yet used this deck for doing readings for others. Still using the Thoth deck if asked for a reading.

TheFoolofChaos

The Fool's silly mistakes and more.

When The Fool first started creating this deck, he did not think about the process of publishing them and was just concerned with the art of their creation. Thus the shape is not conventional, they are thinner and taller than most decks. Also most have solid black backgrounds. These two things have caused this fool great trouble in finding methods of self publication.

Not having the funds (yet) to have them professionally printed, because of the minimum run being 5000 units for most pro card printers. I have attempted printing them myself on my computer, but because of black backgrounds, this process gobbles tons of black ink and I have not been able to find a suitable card stock.

Any suggestions welcomed!

In Chaos

The Fool

"Jim, I am an Artist, not a damned printer!"

kayne

You know what just occured to me? (I think it was after reading your quote) These cards would look brilliant redone as lino cuts. They use simple limited colours and generally have bold lines. How cool would it be to redesign them and print them in lino? Wouldn't be that difficult and would make each set a real treasure! Have you ever done lino printing before? I can give you tips if you are interested... :D

WillieHewes

To join the webring, the fool should select one card to represent the deck (will be on the ring page) and write a description of his deck, to be displayed along with the picture. If the fool sends this in an e-mail to williehewes@yahoo.com, and puts a link to the webring on the his page (text or banner), I will add his deck to the list.

Thats all. Thank you.

Willie - knows his role

TheFoolofChaos

Lino cuts

kayne said:
You know what just occured to me? (I think it was after reading your quote) These cards would look brilliant redone as lino cuts. They use simple limited colours and generally have bold lines. How cool would it be to redesign them and print them in lino? Wouldn't be that difficult and would make each set a real treasure! Have you ever done lino printing before? I can give you tips if you are interested... :D

Brilliant idea! To bad I didn't think of this first.

Sounds like alot of work, but then they would be art cards right.

Maybe if I cannot figure a way to print them some other way, I will fall back to this idea. Thanks!

In Chaos

The Fool