the gestalt method for tarot reading

mahimaisme

i bought myself the heart of the tarot by amber_______? some days back and she talks about the gestalt method. does anyone else here use that method? i'm not too sure i like that method in its entirity but there is one thing about the method that really struck me as great...i used it in a couple of spreads with some querents and found it very useful.
in that, when you use the gestalt spread, you actually draw the spread for the Q on a sheet of paper. the Q then shuffles the deck etc and lays it out in that layout in whatever order he/she wants. the positions he/she fills first (and the sequence in which he/she does this) will give you valuable insight into the Q's subconscious preoccupations and priorities. these cards are all placed face down. then the Q opens them..also in any order. this order will give you insight into the Q's conscious preoccupations and priorities.
i have found this little twist to my normal readings very helpful and revealing, just thought i'd share :)
mahima.

fairyhedgehog

I've got this book too and I found it really interesting. I'd like to use the Gestalt method with clients (I work as a counsellor) as the usual method of reading doesn't sit entirely comfortably with my worldview. I'm not quite sure how to progress with this though. I can imagine my supervisor would go nuts if he thought I'd suddenly taken up tarot reading for clients! And I don't want to scare people off.

I think it can be quite hard to use it for yourself if you know the tarot really well, although a mixture of conventional meanings and 'what you see before you' really works well.

I was intrigued by some of her/his? examples of different ways of seeing the same card. We really do project things into the cards without realising it! I can't give an example as the book is put away somewhere really safe. Well, it must be because I can't find it!