The Good Tarot by Colette Baron-Reid

Lee

I think it's still the strength card re named love. Not lovers. Saying that love is the best approach as opposed to brute force.
I think one of the pics posted earlier shows the actual Strength card, which shows a woman and a lion. So, unless I'm misreading it, both the Lovers and the Strength card show a woman and a lion.

ana luisa

Still more pics:

Attachments

• 17103649_10154191860416666_65557201859265693_n.jpg
    17103649_10154191860416666_65557201859265693_n.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 615

FLizarraga

I think one of the pics posted earlier shows the actual Strength card, which shows a woman and a lion. So, unless I'm misreading it, both the Lovers and the Strength card show a woman and a lion.

Yep, that's true. And they do look A LOT alike.

Still more pics:

What seems to be the Death card -- Transformation is too often a "gentler" substitution, albeit not a misguided one -- is out of shot. Gee, I wanted to see that card. I can forgive a lot for the right Death card. (And Devil and Judgement, for that matter.)

Myrrha

The art is pretty but the soft focus and mist makes me feel awful. I literally feel like I'm suffocating and have to look away. The Mystic Dreamer Tarot was all dreamy and didn't affect me like this.

Mittkait

I watched the video and I think the deck is beautiful but seems a bit too frilly. This works in an oracle but the same style in tarot just seems too much.

GlitterNova

I do like it after seeing that video. Nice and calming and easy on the eyes. It's not at the top of my wishlist but I might get it one day.

RiverRunsDeep

No more pics this time but a YT video. Please mods delete if not allowed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7CzXXwyyeA&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for sharing. After watching the video, I agree with Mittkait that the deck appears more oracle-ly in its size, glossiness, simplicity, and style of artwork, but that makes me even more curious to find out how it will read as a tarot deck. On the one hand, it lacks the details and traditional symbolism of the RWS decks I prefer. On the other hand, I have gotten some of my best intuitive readings from nontraditional decks. Also, I think the misty, dreamy style of the art would make this a fantastic deck for meditation and dream work. This is firmly going on my wish list!

Esskay

Thanks for sharing. After watching the video, I agree with Mittkait that the deck appears more oracle-ly in its size, glossiness, simplicity, and style of artwork, but that makes me even more curious to find out how it will read as a tarot deck. On the one hand, it lacks the details and traditional symbolism of the RWS decks I prefer. On the other hand, I have gotten some of my best intuitive readings from nontraditional decks. Also, I think the misty, dreamy style of the art would make this a fantastic deck for meditation and dream work. This is firmly going on my wish list!

I handled some of the cards at the weekend at a Hay House event and actually cancelled my pre-order as a result. I am a big Colette Baron-Reid fan but to me, this didn't feel like a tarot deck and I didn't connect with the people in the images at all. I do think you're spot on about this being a great deck for meditation etc. I also think it will be a good 'gateway' tarot for people who might think there is something scary about it.

Dogs&Coffee

I ordered it. For $15 you can't go too wrong. Worst case it's good Instagram material.