The Hanged Man in repeated readings

Nuncle

Hi all. Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted here.

Anyway, last week, I did three self-readings over three days, and the Hanged Man appeared in all three. I've been giving this a lot of thought, and am now looking for clarification as to possible meanings.

In one reading, a general question Celtic Cross, the card came out as approaching influences. Receding influences was the Ace of Swords, and the question/situation was the world.

The other two readings were both relationship spreads--one for a present, new relationship, the other for a past relationship (there's always hope, right?)--and the Hanged Man appeared in the position that more or less describes the present quality of these relaitonships. They were different types of spreads.

So, what are possible interpretations of the Hanged Man in these circumstances? All three readings seem to be oriented to the present or soon to be present. I guess what intrigues/concerns me is that the three readings had different purposes, but the same significant card showed up in similar positions. I think because these were self-readings, I am having some trouble feeling clear about the card. Is it waiting, insight, reassessment? And I don't know if the card is offering advice or simply description.

Thanks for any thoughts. I feel I haven't phrased my question very well, but I am tryting not to go into specifics about the spreads.

Nuncle

BrightEye

welcome back

not sure what to make of the first hanged man as i don't know what the question was.

Nuncle said:
The other two readings were both relationship spreads--one for a present, new relationship, the other for a past relationship (there's always hope, right?)--and the Hanged Man appeared in the position that more or less describes the present quality of these relaitonships. They were different types of spreads.
here i would say: either you or the other party (or both of you) are not ready to commit to the relationship. one or both of you are still making up their mind whether this is worth pursuing. would that fit the situation?

Nuncle

Hi Brgihteye. Nice to hear from you.

BrightEye said:
not sure what to make of the first hanged man as i don't know what the question was.

here i would say: either you or the other party (or both of you) are not ready to commit to the relationship. one or both of you are still making up their mind whether this is worth pursuing. would that fit the situation?

Yes, in essence this is what had developed in hte last da or two. Though I understood the Hanged Man to say that a pause is in order, I couldn't completely understandit until now.

But I guess what I was really trying to get at was whether the repetitive Hanged Man represents a pattern beyond the individual readings. The Celtic Cross was a general reading, nor specific question, so perhaps I have answered my own question here. Yes, in general I need to take a break, or perhasp one will be handed to me, like it or not.

Nuncle

starrystarrynight

With the World as situation, I would think that you are at a major turning point in life. The receding Ace of Swords has maybe given you the opportunity to look at things with more clarity, while the Hanging Man has put you into a period of stasis so you can mull everything over.

This gives me the feeling that there is no sense in rushing things (probably not that you could, anyway), and your assessment that it may be time for a break is probably accurate.

I think you answered your own question when you said:

Nuncle said:
--one for a present, new relationship, the other for a past relationship (there's always hope, right?)--

You aren't sure which way to turn here, so that Hanging Man is giving you some time and space to try to figure things out.

Nuncle

Starrystarrynght,

Thanks for the perceptive insights. A time out seems to be in order.

Nuncle