the jungian tarot lovers

HOLMES

the lovers the son as collector of experience.
"the son who gathers life experience and who applies the lessons of the mother and father"

notice that so far it is only based on the man point of view. once i posted in the marsielles tarot that there was a man who had to choose between the older and the younger woman as at the time marriages were arranged due to status and power and so the younger woman could be his true love that he couldnt' marry.

the card could just as easily called the daughter , the collector of experience if we were in a matriach world :O). (looking up the book further that is what the strenght card is called so we will examine that further when we come to that ) .

"the lover stands with his arms outstreched above a male and female figure. the sun and moon behind him represents the two sexes as symbolic as dualities in manifestation. this is the magican at the lower level. the lover is original man.
he is as was described by an earlier card, author of sun and moon.. the source of all dualities and the means for their reconcillation. "

so the lovers is full of dualities on all loves and it is about their manifestion in the world. the seperation of the ego from spirit is an example of a dualities it is an opposing dualities but still a duality. so as there are dualities there are harmonizing and opposing dualities and so the lovers is accepting the duality of energy we accept in our lives.

"as the son in manifestion, he is by the principle, bisexual embodying both male and female principles. Jung points out that (as the perfected son) is androgenous, having reconciled the tensions of sexual opposites. the same must be said of buddha, osirus, and all other "sacfriced gods"

so the as the lover he has accepted his dual nature and finds no conflict within himself. "that probaly means that jesus and buddha and osirus no longer felt the need for sex or procreation as they were all.
so the lovers reversed would mean not accepting one female or male self based on the sexual orientation.

"mediation with the lovers can be especially difficult because they may involve the direction of the waking consciouness to ward the resolution of the unconscious, a conditioned perceptions that has been variously described as the atman, the higherself, the christ self or the buddha within. "

here i feel it means that when it comes to matter of love, and collection of experiences, you will end up finding a bridge between the conscious and the unconscious which will lead the to the superconscious self which is described as the chirst self higherself.

"perfected self as a male must be taken as a social statment suggesiton of one superiority of one sex or another. this is all symbolic. male is the active, outgoing, creative pricniple and female is is enclosing, acting upon that principle to produce a third"

here we are meeting the two forces to produce a third which is alike but differnt then each side. as it encompasses both energies . this becomes the child.

"of course there is are many legitimate means of approach to inner reality. emotional, intellecutal and devotional. one has the option of interaction with the lover as an abstract priniple or as an earlier animus. but in any event. self must be addressed at the individual levle before it is possible to the approach the more universal qalities of the as son as magican.

here one can look as the lovers as being soul love, freindship. an outside cup force, an inner attractin to a perfect energy mix.
in order to address the ideals os love, one needs to deal with the personal before they can understand the universal
(i come from the universal before i can understand the personal)
still it doesn't help to limit one self to one approach and so both ways are advised i feel.

"those who enjoy symbols games might make a techinal destinction, by refering to the magician as the animus/anima to the macrocosm, and the lovers as anima/anima personal to each individual, to microcosm. in this regard, the female figure in strength is to the lovers, as high priestress is to the magican .
she is anima, and ultimaley anima=animus"

magican to high priestress, to emperess to emperer, from loves to strength
it is strange for i was taught to beleive that chariot was the opposite of strength . (in books not by a person )

HOLMES

the lovers mediation.
the sun is clearly revealed in the clouds. which hitns that the sun source is veiled form us and that is the only light we are allowed to see . as for the rest of the sky it is pitch dark with the half moon and four stars up in the sky.
so we have the sun and the moon which exist at the same time although it is rare that we on earth can percieve them both.
like the movie ladyhawke the two selves can only see each other during twilight and dusk.

the mountains behind the threesome create a barrier yes, but it makes the explorers want to cross that mountain to see what is on the other side.

the grass on the ground is nice and organized and even the trail behind the three people is nice and cut shorter. it is our effort to control how loves grows.

the foliage in front of them shows that we can control some aspects of soul love but not all area and that is when we will get overwealmed and more truths be revealed.

the sign of the fish, the piscies age.
in that age the emphasis was family and progression of the family desires. yet in the aquarian age it will be forcused more on brother hood and friendship.
we dont' have to have reasons to fall in love. we dont' have to follow the progressionf o the family beliefs, of our society postion, that is our ultimate choice who we love and position be damn we will love who want. so lots of passion comes into this card as well.

the man and woman who are dual natures are pure in the lcothes and represents purity of desires and receptiviness. yet they amke up the self who is in the middle of the two.
it should be stressed that if a female was reading this it would be the woman in the middle and possibly the two reversed as the female on the right hand and the male self on the left hand.

the two male and female selves are crossing their heart center in order to protect it and fear opening up their arms fully.

yet the self "self" is wiating with his hand outstreched.
"this is who ia m at this time. i will reveale what i can to you now , and know that over time my two selves will open their hearts and let their true emotions show"

the mind sees only logical love which comes from their definatoion of natural from the light of the sun.

the mind see potential shown by the dark night and the moon and the foundation of the stars.

together they make the possiblities unlimitless and they cause the great conflict.

"do you know who i am ?, who you are in the self ? in order for us to grow we must love both of ourselves and only then can we find a harmonziing balnace reflection in a lover in the outer world.
we can not hcange an other only ourselves and so that is why the changes for the outher wrold take place in the inner world.
and this is why the person outgrows the their lover in the outher world over time as growth is constant.

the true reflection will grow with you tis true yet , as growth comes as individiauls and as a relationship if one doe snot forgive the other , and themselves in the realationship that is what causes the reversed lovers.

"i hate this about you and that about you, for it reflects what i hate abotu the world and what i ultiamtley hate aobut myself and i am not ready yet to face it so i let you go to someone who can love you more fully then i"

"do not let me go for my pain i s great i need you .. and so attachment grows , which can not be broken easily until growth is achieved