The Junkanoo Gang

Horace

I think that's a good amount, too, Mel. In fact I've asked my partners to take a picture of the 10 pieces they're sending me because I don't have a camera. and 30 new pieces is alot of new junk. I'm having a hard time weeding out, but that's what makes this fun and more personal, especially with linnie, who's just starting out and needs everything!:) Hh

linnie

Horace said:
I think that's a good amount, too, Mel. In fact I've asked my partners to take a picture of the 10 pieces they're sending me because I don't have a camera. and 30 new pieces is alot of new junk. I'm having a hard time weeding out, but that's what makes this fun and more personal, especially with linnie, who's just starting out and needs everything!:) Hh
That's really sweet of you, Horace.... Thank you :)

I do have to confess that, since I've started looking in earnest, I've stumbled upon junk, junk, junk!!! :):):) Not by the bucket load as in kaleanna's case (did you click on her link???!!! :):):)), but cetainly more than I thought I had. This very morning I was putting away a suitcase (from a trip to Melbourne just on a month ago!!). When I was on top of the ladder (which is why I put off relocating said suitcase for so long :)), I spied plastic storage tubs chocabloc full of outdated potential pressies, Xmas trinkets and etc, as well as some of my old 'keepsake' loot that had been stashed... So, I'm now in a much better position than previously!

I do have lots of pieces for each bag, now, but that is including each coin, each trinkety charm etc, and I am thinking that that number is excessive, anyway. I think I'll do 11? 10 is not a number I get excited about, whereas 11 is!!! Yes... I think 11 is good... fairly close to the suggested number, not seriously excessive, but a happy amount!!! :):)

Now I have to seriously edit back the lots I have set out for people, but, yes, next time around I'll be very comfy right from the outset!!!

Mellaenn

Number of Pieces to Ship

Hello fellow Junk Aficionados! I'm going to post this in every thread as a gentle reminder...

Even though some folks may have a lot of stuff to send (and it’s lovely that they are so generous) our original number was around 7- 10 pieces. I think a few might send more like a dozen or so, but let’s do keep the numbers down in terms of what you are sending to your partners.

Thanks!

Remember our general tone on this forum to begin with, not just in terms of junk oracles, but in terms of what we post and how often, etc. - we try to go for quality rather than quantity. :grin:

linnie

Thanks, Mell :) I'm just duplicating the post I just wrote on another thread re what I'm up to... I've been playing around with all my loot... after climbing ladders and accessing old tubs and crumpled bags of who-knows-what I seem to have a lunch box sized container of booty... But I've been very good and followed the guidelines and have scrapped the 3o+ items thing, and have selected 11 pieces for each of my group... because 11 is a magic number for me, and is close to the guidelines set out on this thread initially. :) I've scanned each bounty-bag, and feel certain that I would be happy receiving any one of them, so hopefully you 3, my fellow Junkanoos, will be happy, too... (and , as a bonus, I have a bundle of goodies left for next time... :):):)) Thanks for the gentle nudge, Mell... I think we newbies can get very carried away with all of this... I know I did! :)

I have been inspired with a name for my own junk oracle, now, too... "Myriad Pickings Oracle", and I have a lovely brass urn/vase that allows plenty of space to let the pieces live in and to scatter from... Myriad pickings is actually looking very sweet indeed... I'm amazed at what has surfaced for inclusion! Have fun, everyone! :):):)

Mellaenn

linnie said:
Thanks, Mell :) I'm just duplicating the post I just wrote on another thread re what I'm up to... I've been playing around with all my loot... after climbing ladders and accessing old tubs and crumpled bags of who-knows-what I seem to have a lunch box sized container of booty... But I've been very good and followed the guidelines and have scrapped the 3o+ items thing, and have selected 11 pieces for each of my group... because 11 is a magic number for me, and is close to the guidelines set out on this thread initially. :) I've scanned each bounty-bag, and feel certain that I would be happy receiving any one of them, so hopefully you 3, my fellow Junkanoos, will be happy, too... (and , as a bonus, I have a bundle of goodies left for next time... :):):)) Thanks for the gentle nudge, Mell... I think we newbies can get very carried away with all of this... I know I did! :)

I have been inspired with a name for my own junk oracle, now, too... "Myriad Pickings Oracle", and I have a lovely brass urn/vase that allows plenty of space to let the pieces live in and to scatter from... Myriad pickings is actually looking very sweet indeed... I'm amazed at what has surfaced for inclusion! Have fun, everyone! :):):)
Yes!!!! Eleven is a power number!

I love the name of your oracle and it's very cool that you found a good place to keep everything.

linnie

Mellaenn said:
Yes!!!! Eleven is a power number!

I love the name of your oracle and it's very cool that you found a good place to keep everything.
Yes, it is a power number, and one of my favourites, to boot!!! :) Glad you like the name... and I'm pretty excited because if (read "when") I make a 2nd, 'miniatures-only', junk oracle, I have a matching, smaller, urn that this lot doesn't fit in!!! :) All I need to do now is post my fellow Junkanoos' bags to them! :)

Witchy Woman

hello all, good evening.

linnie

Hello in there, Witchy Woman :) Thanks for your PM... now replied to... Where's everyone else? What are ye all up to??? I guess it's midday here, and who knows what hour 'there'... :)

I'm done, I'm finished, I'm only changing something if I discover anything unbelievably-cool when I check op-shops on the way to Post Office tomorrow... You have 11 pieces each... That is what I am sending, unless, see above!!! :)

Witchy Woman

well ive went from 45/30/25 and now im aiming for 16. then 13. ooo boy. everytime i go threw them. i lower the number. so im trying people...im trying :)

Horace

Hi Witchy Woman... welcome home. Hope you had a good time with your sister and family. Did you get into trouble? lol
and linnie, let em come. Send your package if you're ready.
Right, Mel?
I figure it's 2 weeks from the states to Australia for the small priority boxes and about 30 days for regular snail mail. So by sending now, your gift will come amidst the others. I'm so excited!
Please don't forget to include sand, you guys.! I collect sand from all over the world. It goes into a school globe to remind me how we really are all in this together. Just a handful in a baggie from your yard is fine. You'll earn a pin on my world map..:)
I'm mailing by Wednesday. Will pop back in before then.