The Junkanoo Gang

Witchy Woman

Quote:
What do I need to do to open myself up for improvement, to Receive the Romantic Relationship I have so longed for?

Thank you, Witchy Woman, for trusting me to read for you. I’m going to send you a small part of my reading via PM.

I chose to use as a reading cloth a piece I’m doing of a dancing woman. She is open and free, which felt right for your question. I drew the following items from my Tiny Treasures Oracle (without looking) and gently tossed them onto the dancer‘s cloth:

On dancer’s body:
-- dog
-- anchor
-- celtic knot
-- heart with blue crystal
On the background:
-- cat
-- heart-shaped cage
-- star
-- fish
-- spiral shell
-- “wishing you happiness” charm
Off the cloth to the left, behind her:
-- ram

All of the items on the dancer’s body are gathered in her lower body and legs. This feels to me to indicate that the things to work on are basic/core issues (belly) that are important for you to move forward (legs). They feel like issues that are within yourself. Whether its about healing or growing, these are things you can meditate on for the future. The first thing I noticed was that the celtic knot was in your belly. Tension, fear perhaps, nervousness. I think there are things you need to unravel before you can find love again. What they are only you know for sure, but perhaps you’ve been hurt and are holding that inside you like a belly ache. Address the hurt. Know that this is in the past. Know that you are older and wiser and stronger now. Know that to love is to take a risk. We can’t hold it all in and keep ourselves completely safe if we want to know love.

The ram is completely off the cloth and upside down, which makes me feel that this is something to let go of, to leave behind. Let go of stubbornness, of any need to force your ideas or way onto a situation. Let go of prickly needs to be the best, the fastest, the strongest. That ram can really ram ideas down your throat. If this is something you feel you’ve done, let go of it. Relationships are often about compromise. Not of your principles, not of your very SELF, but of the little things. Compromise, share, be willing to let someone else win on things that don’t really matter all that much. Don’t let the little things poison the important stuff. Also, let go of forcing yourself to be something you’re not just to attain love. Such a love would not be genuine. It is far better to be loved for who you truly are, than to pretend more interest than you have and earn a love based on something that’s not real or healthy for you.

The tiny spiral shell is immediately in front of the dancer’s outstretched arm. If feels like you’re reaching for something, perhaps the protection of the shell, perhaps the spiral that indicates repeated patterns of behavior. Since the shell is just out of reach, this may indicate something that you need to achieve before you’re ready for a true and deep love. I’m thinking of healthy boundaries. Not shields or walls, but healthy, honest boundaries. Be clear what you’re willing to do and not do. Be clear about what you’re willing to accept from your love. Learn to be clear with yourself and your partner, because being wishy-washy about boundaries can get us into all sorts of trouble, and the type of compromises that harm us.

The upside down dog and anchor perhaps means that you've a need to have faith that a relationship will not weigh you down. That you will not have to give up too much of your independence and strength. That a relationship will support your own ideals and needs, as well as form a bond of trust and sharing.

ETA: sent part of reading via PM, which we've now discussed, and I've added my interpretation of the dog and anchor.

I had to paste this from the other locked thread to reply.
give me a few minutes.

linnie

Hey Witchy... your junk just arrived!!! Yay!!!... I haven't had time to take a photo of it yet, but there are some pieces that straight away stole my heart, thank you! xxx

The little mouse bead... totally cool, and the kangaroo with Joey, your heart face thingy, the little musical note... and that gilded bird cage, but so sad... that says "no matter how beautiful a cage we surround ourselves with, we are still caged"... lots and lots of bits that already shared their story with me, and will definitely go in my oracle... thank you... and so many more than 16 pieces :)

Have you changed your mind regarding your oracle question? if not, I will try to read it as I interpret it from your initial question... Thank you Witchy! xxx

linnie

Ooops... I still don't have a casting cloth... hmmmm....

Witchy Woman

Read it the way you suggested is fine. Just use a piece of paper with something drawnn on it. Wasnt there a thread link back in the original thread for casting mat ideas...or for a pendulum that looked like it could work for oracles also.?.?
IM still stuck at my sisters house. gonna have to use her car tonight to go home and get stuff for the weddings this week end. take care of the cats..etc. If im at my one sisters place though, there is no internet....ill go nuts again.

Mellaenn

Hi, guys. Linnie, good news that you got Witchy's stuff!

I am concerned about Elven. That's the hard part about our little community; we are anonymous and though we know each other in some ways if someone suddenly disappears, we have no way to check on them. :( :heart: Elven; here's hoping for the best.

I'm also sorry you are each a few trinkets short. (That almost sounds like a joke doesn't it?) :) And that's the hard part about exchanges; it's a bit of a game of chance, I think. Sounds like everyone did get some nice goodies, though.

Mellaenn

Ooops... I still don't have a casting cloth... hmmmm....

Oh! I meant to say, I just use dinner napkins for casting cloths until I find something I like. I found a bunch on sale at a discount store the other day to use for my Toy Oracle class; I got like a dozen nice napkins for about $5. I was thinking of trying Goodwill for scarves or napkins as well...

linnie

Oh! I meant to say, I just use dinner napkins for casting cloths until I find something I like. I found a bunch on sale at a discount store the other day to use for my Toy Oracle class; I got like a dozen nice napkins for about $5. I was thinking of trying Goodwill for scarves or napkins as well...

Thanks Mell... I'm certain that if I set my mind to it, I will find some such thing wafting around in a cupboard somewhere... :)

With regards to Elven, as I've said, I'm not really disappointed re missing parcels... I'm so delighted with what I've received to date that I am satiated ... I think my oracle has plenty to get on with... In terms of reaching Elven, to see if she is alright, though, would it be a big no-no to try to track down her phone number? I know the area she lives in, and have her surname, so it would be possible, perhaps, if she has a home phone, to do so, but am not sure regarding privacy on these online forums whether that would be seriously not ok??? Is there any such protocol that must be observed in instances such as this?

ps... and, yes, being 'a few trinkets short' sounds pretty hilarious!!! :):):)

Mellaenn

Thanks Mell... I'm certain that if I set my mind to it, I will find some such thing wafting around in a cupboard somewhere... :)

With regards to Elven, as I've said, I'm not really disappointed re missing parcels... I'm so delighted with what I've received to date that I am satiated ... I think my oracle has plenty to get on with... In terms of reaching Elven, to see if she is alright, though, would it be a big no-no to try to track down her phone number? I know the area she lives in, and have her surname, so it would be possible, perhaps, if she has a home phone, to do so, but am not sure regarding privacy on these online forums whether that would be seriously not ok??? Is there any such protocol that must be observed in instances such as this?

ps... and, yes, being 'a few trinkets short' sounds pretty hilarious!!! :):):)
Well, the way I would look at it is what information has that person shared with me already? I can't give you a good answer but I'd err on the side of caution. I was thinking of sending her a "Thinking of You" note by mail since we do have her address, that she gave to us.

How's that for a non-answer? Can you tell I spent some time in HR? :grin:

Glad you're liking your oracle packages so far. It's just so darn cute, isn't it?

GryffinSong

I do hope that Elven is ok. :heart:

I've looked through my loot and am more than willing to send off packages at least to the two of you in the states. Not sure I can afford to Australia (any idea how much it is?). But, like I say, I have tons of extras and duplicates of stuff I sent to my swap buddies, and would be delighted to help fill out your group's stuff.

Interested? I could ship tuesday. :heart:

linnie

Well, the way I would look at it is what information has that person shared with me already? I can't give you a good answer but I'd err on the side of caution. I was thinking of sending her a "Thinking of You" note by mail since we do have her address, that she gave to us.

How's that for a non-answer? Can you tell I spent some time in HR? :grin:

Glad you're liking your oracle packages so far. It's just so darn cute, isn't it?
Is is darn cute, Mell :)

And... your so-called non-answer was perfect, thank you... I cannot believe that I had forgotten my initial intention, which had been to post just a simple "are you doing ok" kind of note... For some reason, I shifted to the telephone, which then felt too intrusive... so... My lack of HR work is glaringly apparent, huh??? :):):) Thank you... I will send off a card in the next day or two... Many blessings :heart:

I do hope that Elven is ok. :heart:

I've looked through my loot and am more than willing to send off packages at least to the two of you in the states. Not sure I can afford to Australia (any idea how much it is?). But, like I say, I have tons of extras and duplicates of stuff I sent to my swap buddies, and would be delighted to help fill out your group's stuff.

Interested? I could ship tuesday. :heart:
GryffinSong... what a generous notion... But PLEASE don't even consider posting anything over here to Oz... I honestly am really more than very happy with what I've received already... I don't need more... I do keep mentioning that I will forever keep a different eye out regarding junk after having been part of this, but I don't crave any more bits... I'd actually be better off just getting on with reading what I already have, and am aiming to do this as soon as I have more than a couple of minutes spare at any given time :) You are a good and generous soul, Gryffin :) :heart: