The Lifeline in Palmistry

Sophie-David

Well I know next to nothing about palmistry, so this is a very basic question. When I was a teenager someone read my lifeline and - well I should have been dead by now! But I have noticed lately - probably because of the drumming which focusings my attention on my hands - that it is now much deeper and longer, extending down to the wrist and wrapping around the base of the thumb.

Does the lifeline change in accordance with our choices and actions? Or is it just because I'm now 51 and more wrinkly? :)

cheekyminx

Sophie-David said:
Well I know next to nothing about palmistry, so this is a very basic question. When I was a teenager someone read my lifeline and - well I should have been dead by now! But I have noticed lately - probably because of the drumming which focusings my attention on my hands - that it is now much deeper and longer, extending down to the wrist and wrapping around the base of the thumb.

Does the lifeline change in accordance with our choices and actions? Or is it just because I'm now 51 and more wrinkly? :)

Yup. Sure does :) The lines on your hands do change over time, the choices & actions one makes always has an effect on these lines. This line changed because you were making good choices for yourself. Sounds to me like a long life line, as long as you are doing healthy things in life, eating well, getting some exercise.

celticnoodle

Sophie-David said:

ha ha! this post made me chuckle! :D :D :D

however, that was a good question too---and as cheekyminx mentioned, yes, the lines in your hands can change. not that i know much about palmistry, but this i did know!

Apocalipstick

If I remember correctly, though, the life line is more related to general health and vitality rather than actual length of life.

Sophie-David

Thank you for the info, everyone.
Apocalipstick said:
If I remember correctly, though, the life line is more related to general health and vitality rather than actual length of life.
I suppose it makes sense that health and vitality would contribute to a longer life in any event, so each of these differing interpretations would relate to the other.

Apocalipstick

Sophie-David said:
I suppose it makes sense that health and vitality would contribute to a longer life in any event, so each of these differing interpretations would relate to the other.

Except in the case of sudden or accidental death. The lifeline is more like life's potential, rather than actual life length. I really wish I could remember the book I read all this because it was a really good resource, though I have seen other books equate line length with life length.

I don't really see it that way--I've seen palms with life lines stopping halfway down the palm on the hands of people over 60. In those cases, tough, the line was well-defied and thick, vigorous.

minotaur

life line

The life line indicates the type of energy a person has during life. That thick line indicates a robust approach to life.

The line can be thick/thin and long/short...they are all variations on energy.