The Link Spread

HearthCricket

I have been using this spread for the last week; just something I came up with, that seems to be working very well.

Shuffle cards and fan them out. Have questioner pull one card out of the deck. This is the link card. Do the same if the reading is for yourself.

Put deck back together, neatly, as it was, only without the link card (questioner still holding this).

Lay cards out as follows

1 2 3 4

1-Past
2-Present
3-Future
4-Outcome

Now, before reading the cards, take the link card and put it sideways above the present and future cards. The link card tells the questioner what will link the present with the future and what paths to take, advising to a certain extent what actions must be taken to reach that particular future and goal. Read the first three cards, then the link card, then the Outcome card. It gives a more complete reading than just a three card spread. Give it a try!

Annabelle

Thanks for sharing this, HearthCricket! It looks like a great spread - creative yet still very functional and simple. I'm looking forward to trying it out sometime :).

HearthCricket

Thank you, Annabelle! It is meant to be simple-just a slight variation on the 1 card or 3 card spreads for those daily quickies! I found the 3 card to be just a bit lacking when I wanted more info, and not wanting to do the Celtic Cross or something even more intricate. After a few trials, this seemed to work best for me.