the meaning of a burn?

jade

in body divination terms............

what does a burn represent?

i was thinking it might refer to getting burned or being taken advantage of by someone. perhaps gossip or critism..........

anyone?

jade

Diana

jade: what do you mean by "body divination". If you mean, what does a burn mean in relation to the mental realm, it would depend on many things. Where is the burn? On the arm? Feet? Face? How serious is it: 1st, 2nd, 3rd degree? What caused the burn - fire? acid?

If you just mean "burns" in general, what I have learned in my studies, and the literature I have read recently on it, is that it very often relates to a feeling of guilt. If a person is feeling very strong emotions, emotions that are burning them up on the inside, and that they do not release these, they end up turning these feelings against themselves, with a feeling of guilt (they are being so hard on themselves.) A kind of auto-punishment.

I am curious to hear what other people have to say about this.

Laurel

This is a really fascinating question. I could not find a single good resource for Somatomancy (Body Divination) on the web.

Laurel

HOLMES

ah old mj

i got burned in the sweat lodge last december it was because people were leaving and entering the sweatlodge when they werent' supposed to .
i moved to help them and kapow my leg landed on a hot steam rock (it wasn't red thanks the lords)

so i asked why it was to the medicine teacher who was running the sweat lodge he said
1. it was to show you, you are human
2. to show others that they are human

and it was two burns on the legs now it is just one big dark scar
where it happens means
connecting with mother earth and walking in her path.

yet i come a long way since then. i mean i found the forum after all ?

i don't think you could really put a meaning to it all ..
what about the burns victams whose body is coverd with burned tissue what does it all mean to them ?
startinga whole new life being looked at strangely

the fire burns, it is the wands it makes us more creative by burning old stuff, more spiritual for we wonder why it happend.

they say a badly burned person will have rough skin problems in the next life if they don't learn to love themselves and still carry those issues with them

jade

louise hayes is a great example of what i was referring to.

thanks for the ideas!

in light,
jade

jade

i'm starting a new thread cause this is interesting.........

SherryZoned

When I cook..I burn myself almost everytime..whether it be food splashing, steam or touching the pot..Nothing serious thank goodness...Is it just because I don't enjoy cooking?

jade

could be! if you aren't enjoying what you are doing, perhaps you feel guilty for not enjoying it more?

i could be waaaay off here.
jade

SherryZoned

That could be it...Everybody else in my family likes it..Not to mention my mom says well you have to do it anyway you might as well enjoy it...She thinks I should be just like what she wanted to be..A straight up homemaker...to a point i am...but it is not my life dream..

Diana

RedWood: I would say yes, that you've hit the nail on the head. You feel guilty for not being what's expected of you, and you feel guilty for not enjoying cooking for your family.

These burns could help you grow a lot. To learn to cut the umbilical cord (which can be a very hard thing to do, and makes one feel guilty just wanting to do it.) Also, there are ways to learn to love cooking, or at least, so that it is not a burden. The easiest way is to make foods that you love. There are also other ways, like using fresh products if possible, so you get closer to mother earth. Also to learn to be more "zen", i.e. appreciate every moment of the day for what it can give you and for what you can give to it.

(I also have problems with cooking, so I sympathise with you.)