The Mutational Alchemy Tarot c/o Abrahadabra.com

Naomi Ningishzidda

NSFW- Nudity The Mutational Alchemy Tarot c/o Abrahadabra.com

In 2009 I was hired to do The Mutational Alchemy Tarot. We just finished this year. Still working on the book though. I wanted to share some of the images from it. www.abrahadabra.com for more information about the structure and www.ningishzidda.com for more images and news. I've included the draft text for ATU I and II which should resolve some of the common questions occultists might have.

The images: http://ningishzidda.com/tarot/

Art collaboration:

m1thr0s
Magister Ourorboros 729
The Abrahadabra Institute

+
Izikisikil Ningishzidda
Executive Project Director
The Abrahadabra Institute

I'd like to thank the Greek dark occult band Siva Six for providing me with three albums during the production time to keep me sane. :rocker:

Thanks to m1thr0s for making the breakthroughs in alchemy and the occult possible and for the most interesting 3 years of my already very strange life.

Thanks to Lady Frieda Harris and Crowley for providing a template upon which to build a better tarot.

Thanks to the San Francisco Gay Men's Sketch hosted by Mark Chester.

Thanks to conceptart.org user yannis for his custom brush set.

Thanks to master artists William Bougeaureau and Paul Pierre Prud'hon.

Excerpts from the book:

Atu I: The Magus (Magician)
Letter: ב Beth (B)
Number: 2
Ruling Pentagram:
Pent #12 – Air of 艮(Kên) Keeping Still, Mountain
Corner Hexagrams:
Fire: Hex #53: 漸 (Chien) Development (Gradual Progress)
Air: Hex #54: 歸妹 (Kuei Mei) The Marrying Maiden
Water: Hex #53: 漸 (Chien) Development (Gradual Progress)
Earth: Hex #54: 歸妹 (Kuei Mei) The Marrying Maiden

Keywords: Adaptation, Attunement, Focused Intent, Lucidity, Distillation, Synthesis, Universalism, Empathic, Conceptual, Transformative, Masterful, Communicative, Responsible, Illuminating, Inspirational, Transmission, Messenger

Traditional Interpretation: The Magus represents the ideal of perfect accomplishment and perfect understanding. He is often linked to Mercury and carries emblems of Hermes. The Magus is an idealized glyph or image of perfected magickal knowledge and attainment. He is usually pointing upwards, and carries symbols of mastery over macrocosm and microcosm such as the infinity symbol.

Mutational Alchemy Edits: Mutational Alchemy is a lot more interested in creation itself and how the pure energy of Crown acts upon the formation aspect of Binah, the Mother. How what seems like nothing becomes manifest into something are the ideas that are the focus of Mutational Alchemy, and the solutions to this are embedded in The Magus card. Creation myths globally all correspond to The Magus. One of the interpretations of Abrahadabra is “I create as I speak” from the Aramaic “Abra K’dibra” literally: “I have created – through my speech”. This is part of what The Magus represents. This whole idea of the manifestation of the Prima Materia and how that comes into form is of great interest to Mutational Alchemists.

Symbolism: Khnum is Egypt’s take on “The Horned God” a fertile and benevolent deity. The god points up, having created, and provided for his creation with the fruit of the Sephiroth, he indicates towards evolutionary prerogative, an alternative to burning in the fires of time. The cauldron is graced with a Behutet engraving, representing the winged and enduring disk of Ra – stars.

Atu II: The (High) Priestess
Letter: ג Ghimel (G)
Number: 3
Ruling Pentagram:
Pent #13 – Air of 兌 (Tui) The Joyous, Lake
Corner Hexagrams:
Fire: Hex #61: 中孚 (Chung Fu) Inner Truth
Air: Hex #61: 中孚 (Chung Fu) Inner Truth
Water: Hex #62: 小過 (Hsiao Kuo) Preponderance of the Small
Earth: Hex #62: 小過 (Hsiao Kuo) Preponderance of the Small

Keywords: Intuitive, Empathic, Visionary, Devoted, Articulate, Coordinated, Mystical, Unconventional, Adaptive, Psychic, Inner-Truth, Higher-Self, Gnosis, Sophia, Contemplative, Artistic, Sensual, Spiritual

Traditional Interpretation: Receptivity and connectivity are the two prevailing attributions of the priestess. She connects the energy of crown above her to Sol, the energy of the Sun below her. One of the things that is important to know about the Priestess is that her path intersects the Empress. Anatomically that locale corresponds to the pineal gland on the human body. That puts her in the realm of intuition and visionary phenomenon. She represents the path of the devoted truth seeker who has a high receptivity to the will of heaven. There is an element of fertility here, as she is usually a young woman – her energy is youthful and energetic. She tends to facilitate enhanced understanding. She represents the blessings of heaven. Conduction is another one of her powers. She channels the energy of the supernals into the rest of the tree as the preeminent middle pillar.

Mutational Alchemy Edits: It is important to point out in this case her Fire and Air hexagrams correspond to Inner Truth, hexagram 61. This figures prominently in how we look at her in terms of Mutational Alchemy. She shares in common with the Magus that her hexagrams are powerfully self contained and correspond to Inner Truth and Preponderance of the Small. Everything we know about her from the hexagrams agrees with her traditional interpretation. Her pentagram is number thirteen, so that is one of her numbers. Her path is also number thirteen on the tree. What that means in Mutational Alchemy is that she has the number of the reflection of the tetractys superimposed on itself – you only get three more points total when you do this, equaling thirteen. It is called the number of unity in both magick and Mutational Alchemy. Another very important aspect is she carries the TwinStar. Why does she carry the TwinStar? Her seat right in the middle of the path between 1 and 6 on the Sephiroth is the seat of Da’ath called Knowledge in English, which is also the seat of the TwinStar. In general, for her to be carrying the TwinStar is very appropriate for where she sits on the tree. That would be where it manifests and where it would be housed. So we are especially interested in her relationship to Da’ath in Mutational Alchemy as well as her agency with respect to the TwinStar. She is one of the archetypes that lets us key into the TwinStar for those of us who are able to see what is going on with it.

Symbolism: Channeling the powerful and vast store of energy in the Supernals to the rest of the tree, she is on fire, yet made of the conductive element water, she is comforted by fire and rarely burned. On our own planet, earth, the marriage of fire (sunlight) and water soon brought forth all beings under our atmosphere.

The Priestess is a dual character with two primary capacities – that of the totality of the yin principal and Kun in Chinese cosmology as well as the proper consort of primordial fire or Qian, like the Vestal Virgins of Pre-Christian Rome. She is dangerous and receptive, splendid and horrific. She is second only to the Magician and The Fool and the first overtly apparent feminine archetype in the deck. She has the potential of all the following feminine archetypes in the Tarot.
The animals in the corners are representative of elemental forms, a bison for earth, serpent for fire, tiger for water, raven for air.

This card also represents Tara, one of the ten mahavidyas. Tara is depicted similar in form to Kali but is blue instead of black, to represent illuminated water. Sometimes she is green or white. She is especially popular in East Asia. Traditionally she holds scissors, a blue lotus and a bowl, wears a tigerskin and wields an axe. She is fierce, yet benevolent to her worshippers, showering them with blessings and success.