The No Seatbelt Song

KMilliron

The No Seatbelt Song by Brand New
>>Lyrics Here<<

Let the record show that I only discovered this song half an hour ago, and I've already learned the guitar, I like the song that much. Only reason I'm not playing the guitar right now is because my stupid skin on the inside of my ring finger decided to disappear. Guitar strings can do that to a finger.

As for the song, it's one of those deeper ones out there, as a lot of Brand New songs tend to be. This one is about heartbreak and unhealthy obsession. In order to make this spread the most versatile, we'll be going with the unhealthy and unfulfilled obsession theme.​

Card One; So It's Sad and Card Two; Fresh Out of Rope
"So it's sad this doesn't suit you now and me fresh out of rope"
----Card one is representative of what your obsession is, and what happened to make you long for it. In this song, it's a girl who leaves the speaker, leaving the speaker with an unhealthy gaping whole in his life where she used to be. This spread itself is best used for things you want but can't have, and this position will be the actual thing (or person) in question.
----Fresh Out of Rope insinuates that if suicide was an option, the speaker would take it. In this spread, Fresh Out of Rope would be the secondary option you wish you had, since your first option (card one) is out of reach.

Card Three; Your Lisp
"Please ignore this lisp, I never meant to sound like this"
----What does this do to you that your ashamed of? Do you become someone you never wanted to be? Perhaps it's an action you wish you didn't take. The key here is that you feel as though it's out of your control, and it was the obsession that did that to you, while in reality it's only what you're doing to yourself.

Card Four; Make Me Strong
"So take me and break me and make me strong like you. I'll be forever grateful to this and you"
----What do you think this person or thing can do for you that you otherwise wouldn't be able to do on your own? Note that you think it would be for the better (make me strong like you) but in the song the speaker doesn't realize he admits that it does mass amounts of harm (take me and break me.)

Card Five; The Pilot
"I shot the pilot. I'm begging you to fly this for me. I'm here for you to use, broken and bruised, Do you understand?"
----What will you give up in your acts of desperation?

Layout
***1*2***
**3*4*5**

Hopefully this spread can serve as an awakening to anyone who finds they need it. Comments? Have at it.​

crazystargrl

Going to try this, thanks. :)

Kreative-Dragon

why must playing instruments be so damaging to the body?

And yet again m'dear you create a spread that I desperately need, right when I need it.

Off to go and try.

KMilliron

why must playing instruments be so damaging to the body?

And yet again m'dear you create a spread that I desperately need, right when I need it.

Off to go and try.

It's only damaging becuase it seems as though my fingers do not develop calluses. I've been playing bass since I was fourteen, guitar since I was sixtenn, and still not a callus to be seen.

Hope the spread helps, lemme know.

Kreative-Dragon

It's only damaging becuase it seems as though my fingers do not develop calluses. I've been playing bass since I was fourteen, guitar since I was sixtenn, and still not a callus to be seen.

Hope the spread helps, lemme know.

maybe you should take up rock climbing. That might help.

KMilliron

maybe you should take up rock climbing. That might help.

Haha. I rock climb. Making stuff out of hemp is hard on your hands too. I use my hands all the time with all sorts of rough material, but no callusses. How'd the spread go?

Justalilbeginner

Wow! I'm going to try this! This sounds just something I somehow want to try.