The official crystal identification thread

BlueMoon3151

So glad I found this thread, I have LOTS I need help identifying. My mother bought me a box full of crystal pendulums and I haven't been able to identify some of them still.

http://i43.tinypic.com/ibm8i8.jpg

I can take better pictures if needed ^_^

Filipa

please help!!
i bouth a bunch of crystals
I have a long list
i'm sure i got some wrong from my indentification :| and i have a few left that I just can't figure out

and i still have to go through another bag of crystals so i might need help again

Attachments

• crystals.jpg
    crystals.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 121

cardlady22

BlueMoon ~ Many of yours look like they are agate, but I'm not sure of the specific kinds.

Filipa ~ The green ones look like fluorite. The red is probably a jasper. I can't quite tell the other 2 without more clarity on any grain/swirl patterns close up.

Filipa

cardlady22 said:
BlueMoon ~ Many of yours look like they are agate, but I'm not sure of the specific kinds.

Filipa ~ The green ones look like fluorite. The red is probably a jasper. I can't quite tell the other 2 without more clarity on any grain/swirl patterns close up.

thanks cardlady
i have about 40 or 50 different stones from this lot so i'll post some close ups later since i only figured out about half of them lol

cardlady22

crystal gem stone reference

Hope this link is okay to post since it's just a tumbled stone sample index from the company Craftstones.

Alta

Virtually all sourcing and buying and reference links are fine cardlady.

Filipa

thanks for the links!
that will help me loads
i am so lost :|
i'm trying to find a sugilite somewhere in my collection and this were some of the stones that at this point i have no clue what they are lol

(please tell me the bigger one is sugilite)

Attachments

• IMG_3169.JPG
    IMG_3169.JPG
    296.3 KB · Views: 119

cardlady22

I can't tell if it's my monitor or the lighting, but I can't distinguish the colors in this set. Can you describe them?

None of them look like sugilite to me.

Filipa

cardlady22 said:
I can't tell if it's my monitor or the lighting, but I can't distinguish the colors in this set. Can you describe them?

None of them look like sugilite to me.

they are all very deep purple except for the first one
it's dark blue and white
they are semi transparent except from the last one that is dark purple and is kind of rough

is this doesn't help i'll take some pictures tomorrow in day light