The official crystal identification thread

morphine

I think it’ll be useful for many to have a thread like this as a sticky.

Since I have made several threads like this in the past, looking for guiduance in identyfying a new crystal...and I always had to make a new thread...perhaps it could be nice if others could join in with their own crystal enquires and add on their suggestions.

I’m uncertain and I need help with ID with this blue crystal. I dounbt that its blue topaz or quartz. What else could it be?

Thanks

link:

yirabeth

I don't know your stone, but I do have a couple of my own to post soon as I can get pictures of them -- I'll update this post when I do! (wanted a bookmark so consider this my place holder..hehe)

~Yira

cardlady22

morphine

I'm not sure since a monitor can display color so differently, but it might be celestite (aka celestine)

morphine

cardlady22,
thanks for your input. i have a celestite cluster, and its not that lear. the pendent is of totally trasparent blue colour

Yira, definetly! Add on pictures of your crystals...<3

cardlady22

aquamarine, fluorite, apatite are the ones that pop up just based on transparent and blue

ETA: Do you have a university nearby with a gemology department? They might be able to suggest a few things to try to distinguish.

Storm82

aquamarine, I think

MCsea

I cant see the image so well it does look like a piece of celestite - like cardlady22 suggested.... can you post another pic?

MARINA

thorhammer

Celestite is noticeably *heavier* than it looks . . . does your stone feel like it weighs more than other stones of approximate size?

I'm leaning toward celestite as well.

\m/ Kat

morphine

Thanks all!

I feel like getting more opinion on this one, i am certain this is serpentine. Whereas my friend is adamant its an agate. I completely disagree, but she doesn’t listen.

Do you agree or could it be something else?

il_430xN_128145474-1.jpg

SpiritOfTheDogz

I'm glad there's a thread like this as I have recently started with crystals and as yet haven't got a book for identifying them and there's one that's puzzling me if anyone can help (I'm sure it's an easy one for those in the know)

Picture of Crystal HERE

Thanks

Paul