The Quest Tarot - Mother of Wands

lunakasha

I would like to begin with a quote from my earlier post on the Favorite cards thread and continue from there:

This card really stood out for me, more so than the other courts...the keyword here is "Creator", and this Queen looks very much in control of the world around her: her universe, her connection to Spirit, her physical body....she looks comfortable and confident in her position as Creator.

There is SO MUCH going on in this card....where to begin??? The first thing I notice is the bright orange flow or energy emanating from her, bursting up toward the sky...in the Wands suit, creativity and spirituality are dominant, and I can imagine this Queen with a heightened awareness in both areas. I notice the black circle with a fireball within it...a raven hovering there, spirit messenger awaiting her call. The two planets with lightning bolts coming down....what is their significance???

Now I would like to take a closer look now at the two planets on either side of the orange light, which appears to be a strong energy-force coming from within or just behind the Queen/Mother/Creator at the center of the card.

The planet on the left looks very much like Earth to me, and the fiery orange planet on the right could be Mars...which means that the Creator is on another planet somewhere....

Is she standing in water??? It looks almost like a ring of water, surrounded by other rings...and in the foreground there is some orange light rising up from the planet's surface. I see a little green snake crawling upon a branch...whatever planet or environment this is, we know it is similar to Earth and supports life. Does anyone notice any other life forms, other than the snake and some tall grass???

I am also wondering about what may lie beyond the mountains behind her....this landscape is beautiful and lush, very Earth-like, yet....different, almost surreal with the rings of water rising up above the ground.

There is a lot of vibrant, fiery energy in this card.....she appears to be a very powerful woman or goddess...with the secrets of the Universe at her command....

I am anxious to hear some other interpretations of this card....

:D Luna

prk001

Mother of Wands:
She looks so confident about herself and her feminine energy. She is leaning against the beam of light that is coming out of the earth and joining the skies.
She is standing on the ground. But what is she surrounded by at her legs? The terrain looks like a small pond. Did she carve the water in this way? Those streams of water are reflecting colors and beautiful light. I can see a lizard and a snake in the nearest view. I can see a man, a women and another creature who body is that of a human being and the head belongs to an animal. These three are located behind the Mother towards her right in front of the mountains. On her left, there is a women resting with the most peaceful looking face I have ever seen.

I can also see three big planets & three small ones. There may be some importance about the number three here, if anyone knows it, please inform me.

The planet in the centre looks like the combination of the two planets on both sides of it. The planet on the right is sending streaks of light towards the people who are standing and awake while the planet on the left of the mother is sending light towards the sleeping female. The planet in the center is receiving light from the light beam on which the mother is leaning against.

If I let my imagination run along, We can think of these two aspects of the human beings on either sides of the mother as the waking consciousness and the sleeping subconsciousness. I can see that until the consciousness and subconsciousness are seperate, we need an external source of love and light. But, when those two are integrated well, then we can be the creator and the source of love and light.

I don't know what that bird that is about to land in the center planet means. Please someone help me here.

It looks like everything in the creation of the Mother of Wands is co-existing peacefully and yet at the same time each of them exuberating a glowing radiance and beauty.

prk001

Hi Luna,
I am looking at your interpretation after I posted mine.
Once again I had valuable insights from your post.

lunakasha said:
The first thing I notice is the bright orange flow or energy emanating from her, bursting up toward the sky...in the Wands suit, creativity and spirituality are dominant, and I can imagine this Queen with a heightened awareness in both areas.
I have not seen the association between the color of the light and the creativity and the spiritual awareness of the Mother until you mentioned it. :)

I notice the black circle with a fireball within it...a raven hovering there, spirit messenger awaiting her call.
That answers a question of mine. :)

Now I would like to take a closer look now at the two planets on either side of the orange light, which appears to be a strong energy-force coming from within or just behind the Queen/Mother/Creator at the center of the card.
Well, now thats a really different perspective from mine and I like this too. :)

The planet on the left looks very much like Earth to me, and the fiery orange planet on the right could be Mars...which means that the Creator is on another planet somewhere....
I never thought of that.... thinking that the creator maybe at a different planet... I don't think I would have ever thought of that... :D

Is she standing in water??? It looks almost like a ring of water, surrounded by other rings...
Well, both of us are in the same track here... thats great... :)

Does anyone notice any other life forms, other than the snake and some tall grass???
There is a lizard at the bottom of the card similar to where the snake is.

I am also wondering about what may lie beyond the mountains behind her....
Thats a great thought... I guess I have to think about that too... what lies beyond what you see... If what you see is so beautiful, then probably what lies beyond what you see can more beautiful than this... probably I am just an eternal optimist... :p

RK

lunakasha

prk001 said:
On her left, there is a women resting with the most peaceful looking face I have ever seen.

I can also see three big planets & three small ones. There may be some importance about the number three here, if anyone knows it, please inform me.

The planet in the centre looks like the combination of the two planets on both sides of it. The planet on the right is sending streaks of light towards the people who are standing and awake while the planet on the left of the mother is sending light towards the sleeping female. The planet in the center is receiving light from the light beam on which the mother is leaning against.

Interesting.....

Our descriptions were quite similar in some areas, prk001, but you also drew my attention to some things I hadn't noticed before, such as the woman on her left (how could I have missed that? :confused: )

Also....never noticed the three smaller "planets", which look like tiny balls of light, highlighted by the energy emanating from the Creator...

I REALLY like your suggestion that the planet in the center could be a combination of the ones on either side of it....never even occured to me! :D There is SOOOO much to see in these cards, it is amazing!!! Loved your optimistic view on what lies beyond our field of vision...I would tend to believe the same, except it is difficult to imagine it being more beautiful than this! :)

:D Luna

prk001

lunakasha said:
Loved your optimistic view on what lies beyond our field of vision...I would tend to believe the same, except it is difficult to imagine it being more beautiful than this! :)
Well, I am a firm believer of this quote from "The Little Prince" which says: "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Even modern scientists are saying that the world we see may not be what really is. Rather we are seeing just a part of it with our limited perceptions. If that is true, there is so much right in front of you which is essentially invisible to the eyes. :D

L&L,
RK

lunakasha

prk001 said:
Well, I am a firm believer of this quote from "The Little Prince" which says: "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Even modern scientists are saying that the world we see may not be what really is. Rather we are seeing just a part of it with our limited perceptions. If that is true, there is so much right in front of you which is essentially invisible to the eyes. :D

WOW.....that was really beautiful!!!

You are quite the poet.....

:) Luna

prk001

lunakasha said:
WOW.....that was really beautiful!!!

You are quite the poet.....

:) Luna

Thanks for the compliment... :D
But then all I did was quote my favorite lines from a book... :|
I still do believe in it though...

L&L,
RK

sunflowr

moon and sun

I've been looking at this card tonight. Beautiful card. I think those 2 planets are actually the moon and the sun. Maybe the planet in the middle is earth in shadow. :) Which makes the raven flying over earth.. bringing messages of spirit to us in our physical bodies.

edited to add: I read the description in the book. That is indeed the moon and sun. The ground below her is planet earth. I think the "planet" in the middle is actually a black hole leading out into the infinite Universe.

prk001

Re: moon and sun

sunflowr said:
edited to add: I read the description in the book. That is indeed the moon and sun. The ground below her is planet earth. I think the "planet" in the middle is actually a black hole leading out into the infinite Universe.

Maybe I should start reading the book sometimes... :) That may be of some help too... :D

I like your way of describing the planet in the middle as a black hole leading into the infinite universe. :)

L&L,
RK

Voron

I just wish the card were called "Creatrix." It seems more natural to put her evident femininity into the title.