The Raven - Nevermore

Pandora MoonRaven

OK Since Halloween is coming up I wanted to make a spread based on The Raven, my hands down favorite poem! This is about finding the dark side and your fears basically is what I was going for. Let me know what you think, I apologize if anyone already thought of this. Just some fun for Halloween! The cards are supposed to shape a beak. :eek:)

1************************
******2******************
**************3**********
8**********************4*
***************5*********
*******6*****************
7************************

1. Beloved Lenore – How the Past is effecting you now
2. Rapping Tapping on he Chamber door – What you need to pay attention to
3. The Stately Raven – Your Deepest Fear(s)
4. Bust of Pallas – The foundation of your fears
5. Home by Horror Haunted – Why you hold onto your fears
6. Ominous Bird of Yore – What do you choose to see
7. The Shadows on the Floor – What you refuse to see
8. Quoth the Raven, Nevermore – How the fears will affect your life if you don’t confront them.

Tarotingineer

The poem is beautiful, but I really don't see any connection between the spread and the poem. Could you explain to me how the spread relates to the poem, if it does?

Pandora MoonRaven

Hey there,

Well poetry I am sure strikes people in different ways. This is how it strikes me right or wrong. Don't want to debate it here but what it means to me and why I came up with this spread (Which is just supposed to be for fun)...Lenore is his love who is since gone. He tortures himself regarding her and refuses to let her go and has sunk into deep sadness and mourning.

The Raven comes...he first thinks the Raven is silly and is not sure to think when it talks. Though he has no idea why it is talking, why he is talking to it and if it only speaks one word and more he continues asking questions and to me deep down continues to know that the raven will give him the same answer. Thust he asks and asks and starts opening the gateway to his own madness and slips further into grief and darkness.

So Anyways the idea of the poem is pinpointing and facing your darkest fears that may be something from the past you are not letting go so you can move on. I just took some of my favorite lines from the poem and equated them into questions. It was just a thought I had and thought I would share.

Morwenna

I like the equating of lines in the poem with Tarot questions. I wonder that no one else has thought of this! I think it's an excellent psychological tool. And yours is a great example!

Rob

This is very cool! I may use this spread once I get my gothic deck around Halloween. Thanks for posting it!

Nevada

I love Poe, and I'm looking forward to trying this, even though I don't usually do spreads. I'm thinking about a birthday or Halloween reading for myself. Thanks!

Nevada

Pandora MoonRaven

Thank you everyone! I tried it with the Mystic Dreamer and it worked really well. I do however want to try it with my Halloween Tarot...tis the season!

Nae Mirier

I will definately try this as soon as I get my Halloween deck. Awesome idea!

Ravenswing

'tis one I'll have to try out

'evermore
raven

Pandora MoonRaven

Just decided to bump this for Halloween!