The Sacred Circle Tarot

HoneyDreads

This is the next/second deck that I plan on buying and I was wondering what people thought about it. Do you like it? Do you hate it? How accurate is it?

I currently have The Gendron Tarot but it does nothing for me and I can't connect with it. Luckily I have a friend that wants it so I'll be mailing it to her soon.

Love & light,
HoneyDreads

Alaya

There is 1 thing that puzzled me, the position of 3 cards. There is a difference in the sequence:
14 - The underworld - (devil 15)
15 - The Tower - (The Tower 16)
16 - Initiation - (Temperance 14)
Other than that it seems to be a beautiful deck. I have not used it yet because of the sequencing that gives me a problem. It may not be a problem for the more experienced.

HoneyDreads

Thanks for letting me know that, luckily for me I'm not extremely familiar with the tarot so that shouldn't be a problem for me. From what I've seen of it it definitely is beautiful, that's what convinved me to make it my next deck.

Love & light,
HoneyDreads

Logiatrix

i especially enjoyed the sacred circle deck for pathworking, because i felt that i could really "step into" the card. the images are of actual sites in britain and ireland, so one is almost literally going to another place in this form of meditation. the book provides extensive guidance for using the deck this way.
i consider the sacred circle tarot to be one of the more aesthetically pleasing decks in my collection; i don't think you will be disappointed.

HoneyDreads

Thanks for the info Metaz, :). Now I really can't wait to get the deck, hehe.

Love & light,
HoneyDreads

Kiama

'Fraid I'm gonna shed another coloured light on the Sacred Circle, Honey Dreads!

I loved the Major Arcana. I bought th edeck cuz of the Empress. then I saw the Minors, and felt that the deck was not doing them justice. Instead of having scenes played out in the cards, they just had the number of, eg- Cups, on the card, with a pretty background. This speaks nothing to me! I prefer a scene which conveys meaning, with symbols that speak to the soul, not to the memory...

Although this is a very Celtic Pagan deck (I'm a Celtic Pagan) I found it good only for meditataing and pathworking, but cannot read with it.... I also find querents who do not understand Paganism at all find it difficult to understand some of the cards...

Kiama

HoneyDreads

Thanks for the heads up.

Love & light,
HoneyDreads

cj

I bout the Sacred Circle a few months ago because I like the artwork on the Major Arcana, but being new I can't get into Minor Arcana with no visual keys.

What you have to think about is "why does this deck appeal to me?" and "what will I be doing with it?".

If it's artwork, there are hundreds of decks just as beautiful (Legend - The Arthurian Tarot's art is just as beautiful).

cj

HoneyDreads

That could be an issue, but I guess I'll have to get the deck and find out. Each time I've seen the deck it's called to me so I'm gonna go with my intuition.

Love & light,
HoneyDreads

cSpaceDiva

I bought this deck after seeing pictures, and I must say, it wasn't what I had hoped for. This had happened to me before where the images look so vivid online, but you get the cards and they are kind of dull. This particular deck is just too "pasted together" to me. The people just don't seem to belong in the scenes. The whole thing feels a little disconnected.

What I do like about this deck are the borders. Each suit is bordered by its element. The majors have a stone border, but they also have leaves, flowers, animals, etc. Each card is different, and really quite attractive. Too bad I like the borders better than what's inside them. :-(