The Tao of Tarot

sapienza

Anyone heard anything much about the book "The Tao of Tarot" by Christina Bjergo? It looks like it's due out in February 2010. I've always been interested in both tarot and tao and am intrigued as to how the author will bring the two together. It might be an interesting read. :)

Here is a link if anyone is interested:

http://www.o-books.com/product_info.php?products_id=658

Glass Owl

Thank you for letting me know about this upcoming book. I think it may be really of interest to my hubby since he is a Taoist.

After searching for more information about this book, I found the following article written by the author at http://newconnexion.net/articles/index.cfm/2008/11/The_Tao_of_Tarot_The_Fool.html

The Tao of Tarot: The Fool
by Christina Bjero

The secret of the Fool card in tarot is his spiritual faith and the understanding that the mightiest secret that one can possess is realized by following the way of spirit.

The word tarot is derived from "tota" meaning "total" and "rota" meaning "revolving wheel." The tarot is a deck of cards that uses symbolic imagery to express universal truths. With each movement of the wheel, deeper understanding into the cycles of life and the seasons of the soul is accessible. Ultimately, the journey around the wheel takes each of us inward to the center of ourselves, to the totality of our being, the source of all healing.

The rest of the quote has been removed by rwcarter, co-moderator of Tarot Books & Media, in order to honor the copyright of the person who wrote it. Please follow the link above to read the whole article.
Christina Bjergo is a Vancouver-based acupuncturist, shiatsu practitioner and shamanic worker, and a qigong grand master of sacred serpent spiral qigong.

irmata

This sounds like quite a unique view on the tarot. I am always looking for new and interesting bits to add to the patchwork quilt in my head :) and it doesn't hurt that I have more than a passing interest in Asian philosophy!

divinemsm

I can see how Taoism and the Tarot could connect. It would be easy to look at the Fool from the perspective of the Uncarved Block. Pure potential, endless possibilities. The fool thinks of neither past nor future but lives only in the present, only in the moment. Thank you for the heads up on this book. I will definitely be reading this...

sapienza

I notice this book is now available. Does anyone have a copy yet? I'd love to hear people's thoughts. The article at the link above was interesting and I will no doubt get myself a copy of the book at some stage.

victoria.star

no, i haven't read it but i would really like to...the dreaming part of it appeals to me so much...
heading to amazon right now :)
ETA: its on the way...very interested in the dreaming aspect...will let youknow!

sapienza

I look forward to hearing your thoughts when it arrives. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Sheri

If you are interested in a taste of what the book is like, Christine Bjergo submitted an article (which is an excerpt from her book) to the ATA's Tarot Reflections this month.

The Tao of Tarot: The Fool

:love: Sheri

victoria.star

I just received this book and I like it very much so far.
There are many b&w illustrations and pictures.
I love the combination of dreaming and Tarot...right up my alley!

jgoreham

That reminds me- my mother in law still has my copy of "The Tao of Pooh". Maybe I should get it back, I bet they'd be fun books to read in tandem :)