The Tower and The Fool

faerenheit

The Tower + The Fool

The Tower is normally associated with drastic and chaotic events, but what does it mean when it's accompanied by the Fool?

Does this indicate something bad will happen that will make you have to start over, or does it mean something life changing and sudden will happen for the better?

Also, would it mean something different if it was a person (someone else) causing this?

rwcarter

Without context, we can only suggest what the cards could mean, not what they do mean. And by "together" do you mean two cards with equal weight or that one card clarifies the other?

Together, the two cards indicate some event (Tower) that causes one to begin anew (Fool). In most decks, the Fool faces to the left of the card (and therefore towards the Tower if the cards were laid down in that order), so another possible interpretation is walking blindly (as the Fool isn't paying attention to where he's going) into a traumatic situation (Tower).

Rodney

faerenheit

Without context, we can only suggest what the cards could mean, not what they do mean. And by "together" do you mean two cards with equal weight or that one card clarifies the other?

Together, the two cards indicate some event (Tower) that causes one to begin anew (Fool). In most decks, the Fool faces to the left of the card (and therefore towards the Tower if the cards were laid down in that order), so another possible interpretation is walking blindly (as the Fool isn't paying attention to where he's going) into a traumatic situation (Tower).

Rodney

Thanks for your interpretation!

I'm new to card reading, so I'm not so sure, but the Fool came after the Tower, and the question was about how someone I'll meet in the future will affect my life. I'm trying to figure out if this person will ruin my life and make me start over from scratch, or if the person will change my life for the better so I can know if I should avoid meeting them.

Strenght

Hi, if the Fool came after the Tower, I would think the Fool represents a person who with his ingenuine, spontaneous mind will create something good out of the chaos. In another words, it would show courage and ability to start over on another venture and not be scared. Should they be the other way around, the Fool before the Tower, that would be someone who with careless action would cause a chaos.
I hope this is helpful.

faerenheit

Hi, if the Fool came after the Tower, I would think the Fool represents a person who with his ingenuine, spontaneous mind will create something good out of the chaos. In another words, it would show courage and ability to start over on another venture and not be scared. Should they be the other way around, the Fool before the Tower, that would be someone who with careless action would cause a chaos.
I hope this is helpful.

Thank you for sharing your insight, Strenght! :)

That makes me feel a little less nervous now. The Tower still confuses me though. I'm not sure if I should expect something devastating to happen to me, or if the person in question changes my life greatly. Hmmm.

rwcarter

Thanks for your interpretation!

I'm new to card reading, so I'm not so sure, but the Fool came after the Tower, and the question was about how someone I'll meet in the future will affect my life. I'm trying to figure out if this person will ruin my life and make me start over from scratch, or if the person will change my life for the better so I can know if I should avoid meeting them.
Didn't notice your join date. Welcome to Aeclectic!

I'm guessing you're talking about a specific person you know you're going to meet in the near future, not some random person you'll meet at some random time in the future. The event that the Tower discusses is neither positive nor negative. A person's reaction to the event is what makes it positive or negative.

Examples of the kinds of events the Tower could be discussing:

• realization that there is (or isn't) a God
  • realization that you can do/be something/someone other than what your parents want you to
  • realization that the world isn't a fair place
  • realization that there are people out there who will take advantage of you
  • you make a scientific discovery (one of my go-to phrases for the Tower is "A HA!")
In and of themselves those events aren't positive or negative. It's how you react to the events that makes that determination. Most folks react negatively to their Tower experiences which is why the Tower has such a bad rep.

Rodney

greenseer

I'm inclined to agree with rwcarter about walking blindly into a bad situation. That combination kinda makes me think of Tarot of the New Vision, where it looks like (to me anyway) the Fool almost walking toward an erupting volcano.

RaaD

I had this combination once. Whatever the question is this means the ultimate ending.

faerenheit

Thanks for sharing your insights, everyone! :)

The Tower came before the Fool, so I assume this person might set me free from my old way of life and give me a new one. This person apparently has a lot of education behind them, money, and my card reader assumes that he's a Doctor since I'm going to meet him around work and I'm studying to become a nurse right now. I'm also very poor, and the only reason I'm able to go to nursing school is because I miraculously got a scholarship.

I went to my family's card reader to give me a more detailed explanation of what's going on, and she said this person will assist me financially, help change and make me the person I'll become, and give me a better lifestyle. I'm also apparently going to be in a romantic relationship with them.

JoyousGirl

Just read your first post. Don't know the context/situation.
Could be: don't be foolish you'll severely f&*! up
Could be: Major kaboom leads to new beginnings
Could be: try something new/adventurous it will rock your world/shatter your illusions/preconceptions.