The Undead Spread

KMilliron

I remember a couple of years ago, a friend and I were discussing undead beings. I remember her explaining zombies and vampires in a very eye opening way...

Well let's take zombies and vampires for example. The zombie eats brains, is mindless, and is destroyed by blows to the head. Vampires are heartless, destroyed by a stake to the heart and feeders of blood. It's safe to take this as a general trend of things unliving. What they lack is what they need, and therein will lie their weakness.

And holy s#$% I just made that up, and I LIKE it!

A paraphrase, but pretty accurate, and for a theory that came out of nowhere, it's pretty damn good. This will serve as the basis of my contribution to Halloween Themed spreads this year.

Spread of the Undead
An introspective spread comparing what you have, what you want, and where your weakness lies.

Card 1- The Change
----The factor in your life that can be attributed to this change. One is not simply born undead, they usually have to die first.
Card 2- What You're Missing
----Most Changes (whether willing or not) come with sacrifices. What have you given up?/What was taken from you?
Card 3- What You Want
----The Change has left you lacking, as shown in the previous card, but what will you strive for to fill in this new gap?
Card 4- Your Strength
----How the Change has benefited you.
Card 5- Your Weakness
----The drawbacks brought on by the Change.

Layout
****1****
**4***5**
****2****
****3****

Set in the shape of a cross.

Happy Halloween!!

Chiriku

This is quite clever. It takes an observant and insightful person to draw conclusions from literature and life and turn them into useful spreads like this. This may just be my Haalloween spread this year, and thata is the day out of the whole year that I carefully pick a special spread.

I remember a couple of years ago, a friend and I were discussing undead beings. I remember her explaining zombies and vampires in a very eye opening way...

A paraphrase, but pretty accurate, and for a theory that came out of nowhere, it's pretty damn good. This will serve as the basis of my contribution to Halloween Themed spreads this year.

Spread of the Undead
An introspective spread comparing what you have, what you want, and where your weakness lies.

Card 1- The Change
----The factor in your life that can be attributed to this change. One is not simply born undead, they usually have to die first.
Card 2- What You're Missing
----Most Changes (whether willing or not) come with sacrifices. What have you given up?/What was taken from you?
Card 3- What You Want
----The Change has left you lacking, as shown in the previous card, but what will you strive for to fill in this new gap?
Card 4- Your Strength
----How the Change has benefited you.
Card 5- Your Weakness
----The drawbacks brought on by the Change.

Layout
****1****
**4***5**
****2****
****3****

Set in the shape of a cross.

Happy Halloween!!

KMilliron

This is quite clever. It takes an observant and insightful person to draw conclusions from literature and life and turn them into useful spreads like this. This may just be my Haalloween spread this year, and thata is the day out of the whole year that I carefully pick a special spread.

Why, thank you! I actually tested this out on a few people and I got some nice results. If you use it please let me know how it works.

Ashalina

awesome~! loved it - worked well. and i too love the way you came up with it. you're a natural writer!

KMilliron

awesome~! loved it - worked well. and i too love the way you came up with it. you're a natural writer!

Most of the credit will have to go to the person who thought of the theory. She doesn't tarot, but I sent her this link anyway :D